Video footage of vent wings being stolen from '36 Stude in Glendale, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video footage of vent wings being stolen from '36 Stude in Glendale, AZ

As most of you are aware, Sam and Rhonda Bailey had their '36 Dictator in Glendale, AZ and the rare vent wings on the front doors were stolen. The Baileys finally got the video footage from the Glendale PD. Does anybody recognize the thief?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by mbstude; 07-03-2010, 06:17 PM.

I wish I could help but that's very good quality video...especially compared to what I had to deal with when I was a police officer. I hope someone recognizes the suspect and make an identification...privately...not here on the forum. Blasting someone's name all over the place before any action is taken would be bad form. Not as bad as stealing someone's property, but let the process run its course...legally and through the SDC if the guilty person is a member.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I agree that if anyone recognizes the person then they need to be put in touch with the Baileys privately. But the only way to get an identification is to put the footage out there for people to see.

Comment

I thought there were fasteners involved, it appears this guy just pulled them off!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Someone is gonna know who this guy is. He looked familiar like I might have met him in Glendale. This was Wednesday night so everybody check your pictures that you took he was probably hanging out on Wednesday checking things out. He may well be in your pictures. Look for similar clothing. Just a thought. I'm gonna check my photos.
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Why don't you look up 36 Studebaker wing vent windows on ebay's recently sold items and see what you find?
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA

Comment

A couple of enlarged stills from the video would be a big help, especially with regards to clothing identification.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hopefully someone will recognize him. Good Luck, Steve
                sigpic

Comment

It appears to me that right after he took the vent wings he walked to our right & seconds later was talking to the man with a red hat riding a bike. I too have been a victim of thieft (mine was in my house before I moved in amounting to around $4,000.00) so I share the anger and hope whoever this was is procecuted to the FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I heard of the theft when I was at Glendale, and from my understanding it would take some minutes working with tools to remove the Vent Wings. This would gel with the two videos - Vid 1 (which runs from 23:41:34 to 23:42:36) and shows the suspect 'casing the joint'. In Vid 2 it shows the suspect from 23:58:48, (some 16 min later) to 23:59:05, working on removing the Vents.

So, my take on it was - the guy went off some where within a 14 minute round trip walk, (allowing time to get tools from a vehicle), then returned. From my recollection of the location I'd say the suspect got his tools from the main hotel, as the other hotels were too far away, (unless of course he had a vehicle parked close by) ???? Then of course I could be totally off the mark. I'll check my pics and videos to see if I can spot the same out fit.
                    Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 07-04-2010, 01:21 AM.
                    Matt
                    Brisbane
                    Australia
                    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I've looked at both vid's several times. The first one is 48 seconds in length. The second one is 49 seconds in length. In neither vid do I see him carrying tools OR vent windows. Neither time would he have had enough time to remove the vents from the car. In the second vid, there are other people present in the area. My take is that these vid's are no proof of his being the thief, UNLESS he was casing the car and came back later to actually remove the vents and the actual theft was not caught on camera. If these vid's are the only 'proof', I'd say weak case. Just my opinion. stupak

Comment

Matt , I agree with you about he musta went and got tools for the job . He also looks like he is wearing a meet hat so I'd say he was probably one of "us" . With the need for tools I would think he must of had a Studebaker of his own there , we most all carry a tool kit with us when we take our Studebakers on a trip , this may help narrow the suspects some since there wasn't a huge number of cars at this meet.....hope they get him .
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What I see.

1.. obviously there was a person behind the camera's actively watching and zooming the camera as all of you slept. Tip of the Hat to the Renaissance.
                          2.. to the short footage, there may be more......this may just be all that's allowed for public viewing, or given to the Bailey's.
                          3. Camera operator obviously saw someone hunkering by the vehicle (kahki hat)......doing something...then zoomed in.....an odd behavior, near midnight.......appears the guard on foot is heading that way.
                          Guy walks fast.....
                          Oh.....and can anyone identify themselves as the person in shorts /white shirt talking to the other with the bicycle?

Best of luck, if I had pictures I'd be pouring over the general shots of the event.
                          Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-04-2010, 06:56 AM.
                          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

The fact that the guy had the B---S to open the door of the car seems to validate the opinion that he was 'casing' the area and car! Just my opinion.
                            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

ChopStu:
                              1. I suspect that all the security cameras in use from the Ren or WestGate were 'motion' activated. I doubt very much there were actual 'cameramen'.
                              2. BUT....based on the short video provided, we folk on the forum are making a bunch of 'assumptions, looking at what was provided. I think IF the guy in the white shirt/shorts, and, the guy in red hat on the bicycle are forum members, they will 'stand up' shortly (I hope).
                              3. Yeah...I thought that guy walking past was a security guard also. If so, he is in the immediate vicinity of the victum '36. If I were the thief, he would have scared the devil out of me. Plus, he would have noticed 'something' (I hope). stupak

Comment

Working...
                              X