Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's it worth? (OR "Is this a parts car?")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth? (OR "Is this a parts car?")

So a found this car a short distance from my home in Prince George, BC. I am interested in it as a parts car, but it seems almost too nice. It is a 1962 Lark, not sure what trim level. 6cyl, 3 speed. The lady parked it where it sits 6 years ago when it stopped running. No major rust issues in the floors or rockers. So before ripping it apart, I wanted to see what its value as a complete car might be. And if there might be any interest from anyone in this group in a car so far north.
    Attached Files

Here are some more pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Boy, we've all seen a lot worse, and it has overdrive. 'Sure would be a shame to see it taken apart, especially if it could be made to run and drive without too much effort. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice car, it's a 2 Door! Those only came in the lower level "Deluxe" trim. It has Overdrive, another PLUS!
        Value is sometimes what the seller will "take". This looks to be a $300.00 to $800.00 kind of car the 6 cyl. will keep the value way down, when you buy or sell, and not running some more. But all values as you know, are in the eye of the beholder and subject to a lot of variance. It IS too nice to part out.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Holy cow!! That's a 1957 International Harvester Golden Jubilee A-100 pickup with the VERY rare smooth side box parked next to the Lark! IH only offered this in their anniversary year for their half-ton pickups! Forget about that Lark, buy the pickup!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 a100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1662474
          Last edited by Milaca; 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Interesting placement of the sideview mirror.

It's been Kustomized for you already.........

Get the truck, sell, and you'll have all of it paid for, and then some.
            Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-02-2010, 09:12 AM.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

If it could be made to run even a bit and I wasn't 5400 km away, it would be a $1000-1500 car for me. Remarkably free of rust, of course, all things considered. So, I like sixes with overdrive.

Comment

That car is definitely a keeper. In fact I've got an R1 289 and a 4 speed waiting here, that would be an excellent addition to that car. You've already got the pedals in place..... it would be a bolt in.
                sals54

Comment

I'm thinking just like Sal.

You would need a 4-speed column as well, or at least the collar. And some V-8 brakes, springs, and rear axle. That's all I can think of to make that happen!

nate
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Very nice! Looks to be in decent shape. Definately not a parts car. I'd even be happy with it's little six, with that OD tranny! Wish I had the cash and knowledge of where it is.
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Too nice to part out for sure! If it was near me, I'd check out the engine to see why it quit running first, then make whatever repairs needed to make it a good daily driver. Chances are since the owner is an old lady, that whatever happened is minor. I'd take my chances on that!! Get it & the truck and have 2 unique & very useable vehicles!!!
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I agree with the others, definitely not a parts car! I think Rich is right on about the value, but you'd be lucky to part it for that; the running gear isn't very desireable for resale, and body parts don't draw a lot since (with the exception of the front fenders) they're not hard to get. And, don't forget the time and effort to disassemble and market the pieces...

An Avanti in the same condition is usually worth much more in parts than whole; but this doesn't apply to a 6-banger Lark. Definitely worth more whole, especially if you can make it run. And judging by the pictures, it's definitely worth the effort. If I was closer it would turn my head!

Comment

I wish it were in my neck of the woods, as I know of a couple people that would be interested in it around here. As others have said it is definitely more than a parts car. Two door post is just right for the modifications Sal spoke of.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That's a keeper. 2dr Larks with solid bodies are a rare bird. Like everyone said before me, wish it was closer, you would already have it sold to me.
                            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Sooo, how much for the International pickup? An enquiring mind wants to know.
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X