Power Steering Pulley Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Pulley Question

I am putting power steering on an Avanti. I got a pulley from Jim Pepper and I take it that the Avanti uses a different pulley than the other cars with the regular V8 engine. The pulley he gave me has a smaller hole in the center of it than the spacer plate (that came off of the engine) so it will not fit over the "snout" of the crank pulley. I take it that the hole needs to be enlarged to make it work but thought that I would ask first, just to make sure.

You had better back off and take a long look at that pulley. There is a big difference between Avanti and other stock Stude parts. Let's have some pics.

Comment

Too late, I read in Stan Gundry's book that you do need to ream the hole larger to make it work so I took it to my work and had them drill it out. Jim knew that I was going to use it on an Avanti so I believe that he thought that it should work. It mounted fine on the harmonic balance and looked right. I appreciate your help Alan, but I was in a bit of a hurry to try and get the engine back together to take the car to a show on July 4th so I jumped the gun on receiving your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X