My new to me 61 Lark. (Caution Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new to me 61 Lark. (Caution Pics)

This is the 61 Lark I bought from Bob. I've had it for a month and a half. I'm finally getting around to posting some pics. I had it running within a couple of weeks. The Clover Leaf V/8 runs really well. Just had to put a few things back together that had been removed. I adjusted the valves cleaned out the carb (wasn't bad) cleaned and adjusted the points. Put the cap and wires back on the dist. Reattached the thermostat housing and radiator hoses. I bypassed the fuel tank and fired it up. Even the fuel pump worked. I'm surprised at how well it runs. Just a puff of smoke after it warms when reved up. I'll probably change the oil tomorrow and run a compression check. The car moves under its own power. The clutch feel great and the trans shifts good sitting still. I put a different master cylinder on and bleed the brakes for moving it around. Full pedal of brakes now. Pulled a front drum to look at the cyl. It needs shoes but the drum looks good.
    I'm going to do a complete brake job, shoes ,cylinders , hoses & lines at a later date. I dropped the tank to drain out the old fuel. Tank looks great too!

Gordon
    Last edited by laughinlark; 07-02-2010, 06:56 AM. Reason: added Clover Leaf pic

Gordon, sounds like things are working your way, to bad the floors need help, but it sounds like you get right after thing, have fun...Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

No fair Gordon, you just started this project and you're already way ahead of mine! Looks like a great starting point.
      Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Very cool catch! Congrats!
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Better lock that baby in the Garage, I think Bob's gonna try to repo it, to get that Full flow, H.D. Factory 289 replacement engine back that he never checked out! Lol!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like you got a good car,have fun with it.

Comment

Good deal. Love them Larks!

Do you have taillight lenses? If not I have a cheap pair that are driver-quality I have meant to eBay for a while.

Comment

With that light body and all, it bet it runs really well!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs up.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1662469
                  Biased or not.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

mmm - tinted winshield and new tunes on the trunk....

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                      Bob, This one is going my way so far. I wish the floor was better too. The spare floor that came with the car should work out well. I've never done one but weld a lot at work. The easy part is done with getting it running.
                      Skinny, I have a lot of cleaning to get to your level. Look at mine. LOL
                      Rich, It might be a 259. Still have to confirm engine size.
                      Bob A, There aren't any tail lights yet. I might take you up on the lenses when I get to that end of the car.
                      Its going to be a fun project for sure. Tunes are a must when working on a project. Can't wait to see how it runs flat out. But that's a a lot further down the road.

Gordon

Comment

Sweet 2 door! 3 on the tree or on the floor? How's the interior?
                        Dan Kay
                        61 Lark VIII Regal

Comment

Hey Dan,
                          Its 3 on the tree with OD. I might move it to the floor. The seats aren't to bad. The headliner is half gone & needs the door and rear panels replaced.

Gordon

Comment

Ah, normal Lark interior then!
                            Dan Kay
                            61 Lark VIII Regal

Comment

Two door post Lark w/V-8 and three spd overdrive. What a set up. I know a lot of folks that would love to have that set up. Congrats of a great project.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X