Good to be back in the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to be back in the club

Just re-joined SDC after an 8 year absence. Good to be back. No longer have a Studebaker. Had to part with my small flock back in 2003 when I moved from IL to TN. Had a '47 & '50 Champion 4 dr, a '49 Land Cruiser, and a '55 Champion 2 dr. sedan--all "daily driver" types. I often wonder, "where are they now?" I moved to GA a couple of years ago (hopefully to stay). Also joined the North Georgia Chapter last month. Great bunch of folks. Made me feel right at home. Of course, all Studebaker people are good people. Partial to the 47 -52 era, but any Studebaker is a good Studebaker. Would kind of like to own one again. Maybe someday. For the moment I'm just enjoying others' cars and the fellowship of this great club.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello."

Mark Vail
    Eatonton, GA

I'd like to be the first to say Welcome back to South Bend!!!

Comment

Welcome back, Mark.
      If you want to be amongst a good group of Studebaker folks, it's hard to do better than the Georgians. Actually, if you want to be amongst a good group of folks, it's hard to do better than Studebaker folk.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome back!
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Glad to have you back.

Comment

Let me add my welcome back too. Folks come and go in the hobby, the club, and this forum. Some are away but will be back eventually. Life is a constantly moving thing. Glad yours brought you back here!

Comment

Welcome back, Mark. At least when you want to find another Stude, you are in a "drier" part of the country to more easily locate a solid one! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Mark, on behalf of our chapter members, thank you for the kind words and welcome to our chapter. Hopefully we'll be able to find a Studebaker to your liking. It's amazing what shows up in the "auto/sale" news papers, on e-Bay, and Craigs list in this part of the country. Look forward to seeing you this Sunday in Cartersville.

Dan Miller
                Auburn, GA

Comment

The "Prairie Crossroads Chapter" extends a great big WELCOME BACK !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X