PDA

View Full Version : Bullet nose truck??

Chris_Dresbach
07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx323/chris_dresbach/suc55299.jpg
Defionately different by design!!!

woodysrods
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
That is the way SWtudebaker should have designed the 51 Stude Truck. People could relate to the similarities with the cars.
Good Roads
Brian

gohdes
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
too cool! sweet!

gordr
07-01-2010, 01:31 AM
I saw this truck at the Grand National Roadster Show last year, when Dick Steinkamp had his Ute there. This is a very cool truck, in a ratrod sort of way. The gearshift lever (floor shift) is fashioned from an oxy-acetylene welding torch and hoses, with steel rods inside the hoses to make them stiff. It has a pretty cool rear end treatment, too. A lot of creativity went into that rig.

bams50
07-01-2010, 04:45 AM
What great craftsmanship. Any more of this truck??

zoegrant
07-01-2010, 06:58 AM
WOW....there are some very talented people out there....I love it...John

aenthal
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Neat.
I see two out of three Buick portholes, the lower portion of a 1950 Studebaker grille, and a circular creation evocative of the Stude bullet nose (but not actually the bullet from either year).
That might also be a Studebaker windshield (or it might be a custom windshield in the style of Studebaker. Only a ruler would tell).
So much creativity and imagination there.
But what kind of truck did they start with?

52-fan
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Neat.
I see two out of three Buick portholes, the lower portion of a 1950 Studebaker grille, and a circular creation evocative of the Stude bullet nose (but not actually the bullet from either year).
That might also be a Studebaker windshield (or it might be a custom windshield in the style of Studebaker. Only a ruler would tell).

It looks like an R series Studebaker pickup to me. Interesting custom.

4961Studebaker
07-01-2010, 09:00 AM
it that a ford bullet?

showbizkid
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
OK, that just rocks hard. I would so drive that.

Chris_Dresbach
07-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Neat.

Those are '51 grilles and that is actually the correct bullet for a '51, but with modifiecations. A 1950 ford bullet has four "spokes" in the center that hold a wider center than the 1950 Studebakrs. The 1951 Studebakers had a three spoke bullet and a smaller canter piece with a ring around it. What it looks like they did here, was use a '51 Studebaker bullet and give it a '50 ford center piece.

StudeMann
07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Those are '51 grilles and that is actually the correct bullet for a '51, but with modifications. A 1950 ford bullet has four "spokes" in the center that hold a wider center than the 1950 Studebakers. The 1951 Studebakers had a three spoke bullet and a smaller center piece with a ring around it. What it looks like they did here, was use a '51 Studebaker bullet and give it a '50 ford center piece.

Chris, I agree with you except I'm not familiar enough with the Ford bullet to be able to identify it for sure. I really like this front end treatment and I have all the spare parts to make this conversion. All I need now is the rest of the truck!

Cheers,

Jim

Maynard
07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Oooh. I wish...Looks like it has some connection to Goodfellas Customs, which I found in Massachusetts, but no website.

It's making me light-headed.

Jim B PEI
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
That is sooo cool! Having seen the Larkaminos, the 54 or 55 car/utes, and the old (and not quite finished) 55 front end clip on a pickup, this looks like a road Studebaker should have taken for 'corporate identification' a decade before the Champ.

JRoberts
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I have seen pics of this truck somewhere, but I can't remember where. I love it. It needs lots of cool pinstriping and flat black paint....Oh! Wait its got all that. Yep, I'd like to have it just like it is.