Emergency Brake control inside hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Brake control inside hub

The lever that sits inside the hub that is supposed to move the front shoe moves almosst to the center before it begins to move the front shoe. It appears that the metal piece that the pushes over is too short but it is the same one I have always had and it worked! I discovered this when trying to fugure out why the handle inside the car would come all the way out and still not put the brake on.

Any help anyone can give me will l;be greatly apprec iated!!!

Jim
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Check the parts book and or Shop manual picture again for proper hook-up of the E brake tie bar to the shoe, also proper routing of the cables through the several "loops". What about the one under the gas pedal mounting screw?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Also check the adjustment under the car for slack, these cables will and DO stretch over the years!

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

I believe there are only two firm anchors for the forward cable. First at the fire wall and second, a j-bolt just a couple inches behind the accelerator pedal under the floor. Rear cable runs through a guide on each side of the frame. If all anchors and routings are correct the adjustment you need should be available at the adjusting link where the front and rear cables join. You may need to soak the adjustment thread with PB Blaster, Kroil or JB-80 to accomplish it. If it has never been run through the complete thread I would disassemble it, run a die the whole length and apply anti-seize. Then re-assemble and adjust per shop manual.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions! I have it fixed now.
          sigpicJimmie
          Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions!! I have it fixed now.
            sigpicJimmie
            Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Working...
            X