Need a front door lock cylinder for 63 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a front door lock cylinder for 63 Lark

Does anyone have a drivers side front door lock cylinder that they aren't using (that kinda sound funny, now that I have typed it) for a 1963 Lark. Evidently the pins snapped in mine.

I could get one at SI, but July is going to be an expensive month for me and I am trying to watch what few pennies that I have.

Wouldn't it be kind of a pain to have THREE keys for Ign. right and left doors, not to mention Glove & trunk or even a locking gas cap, totaling FIVE!

Just sayin, if you buy one door lock as opposed to a set of TWO or THREE that's what you get!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Just sayin, if you buy one door lock as opposed to a set of TWO or THREE that's what you get!
      Where does the third door lock go? Maybe the three door Avanti?

Comment

Stu, do you have an old time locksmith out your way? If so ask him if he can rehab the cylinder for you..I had both my door cylinders re keyed for 35 bucks just this spring at a locksmith in South Bend. He had the ability to fix any pin issued as well..any experienced shop should be able to get you going...good luck..

Comment

Stu, email sent.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by prager View Post
            Where does the third door lock go? Maybe the three door Avanti?
            Well I did assume you knew that one of the ways Studebaker Door Locks are sold is in the correct three piece set of TWO Door Locks and ONE Ignition lock to match the factory condition, so I did not think I needed to spell it out for ya!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey, at least it's not a station wagon. There is a seperate type of key for the tail gate itself! Don't see how they thought THAT one up! LOL
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
              X