dis brakes avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dis brakes avanti

need to up grade dis on avanti turner is running behind on kits anyone else out there

No one else has the quality of Turners kit. It's worth the wait!
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Check with Jon Myers...he stocks the Turner kit. It's a first class upgrade and you won't be sorry.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I dont feel that's fair, not in the least. Ask the man who owns one (of mine).

Tom

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
        No one else has the quality of Turners kit. It's worth the wait!
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

being I have ordered already for truner Ill wait have used kit for my 53 before from turner thanks gary blalock

Comment

CNC machined 6061-T6 aircraft structural grade aluminum, 11 inch rotor and
            massive single piston caliper used on '94-'04 Mustangs. That is just the basic
            disc setup, which fits a 15 inch wheel. Granted I have not sold anywhere near
            as many sets as Turner, but I have zero complaints thus far - no quality issues.

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Yours are real eye candy, Tom, and great-looking, quality work. IIRC, the catch is you can't use stock wheels, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
                I dont feel that's fair, not in the least. Ask the man who owns one (of mine).

Tom
                Sorry Tom,
                I know your setup is sweet, but didn't know you were actively selling kits..
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
                  Yours are real eye candy, Tom, and great-looking, quality work. IIRC, the catch is you can't use stock wheels, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
                  Just like the Turner setup, the stock Stude wheels wont clear the caliper,
                  but they WILL fit inside a 15" wheel, its the large 13" Cobra setup that will
                  not fit inside a 15" wheel, that brake setup requires 17" or larger.

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                  Sorry Tom,
                  I know your setup is sweet, but didn't know you were actively selling kits..
                  Less active since the CNC mill at the shop I was using broke and I have
                  not been able to find another wanting business (huh?).

Tom

Comment

Tom,

Do you have a link with more information on your kit? What is the price and availability of your brackets? What would be the total cost for each axle?

Nick

Comment

Nick,

I had 11 sets made, varing from the GT single piston to the GT dual piston to the
                      Cobra 13" rotor dual piston caliper brackets. I dont sell kits, just the bracket, all
                      the parts are available from your Ford Dealer, or Autozone, or any of the Racing
                      sites online that carry Ford parts .. or Craigslist or ?? Ebay? Your local junk yard?
                      It is hard to give an estimate on cost, since where you get the parts from will be
                      what controls that, all new parts from the Dealership would be expensive, going
                      to Napa or to Autozone a rotor is 35 bucks. You can order drilled and slotted and
                      get that modern look, or step up to the Cobra and really wow them. I got my GT
                      calipers for free, there are Mustangs everywhere.

I only have one set of GT brackets left, because had a Cobra set modded and the
                      guy backed out due to money problems. I have had plenty of interest in buying
                      more Cobra sets .. but until the CNC shop is back up again - I am out of stock on
                      filling those orders. PM or email me for more details. sbca96@aol.com

Some reading repost of original 2006 thread, due to online picture storage loss :

Upgrade from GT to the Cobra brakes also reposted for the same reason :

Tom
                      Last edited by sbca96; 06-30-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

So the Chrysler Cordova/cop car 15x6 wheels I use should work with your set up, right Tom? Russ Farris
                        Last edited by maxpower1954; 06-30-2010, 11:08 PM.
                        1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
                        1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

So the 15 x 6.5 Chrysler wheels I run will have no clearance issues with your setup, correct?....Russ Farris
                          Last edited by maxpower1954; 06-30-2010, 11:04 PM.
                          1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
                          1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Russ, the nice part is, its 'easy' to check without spending any money, just
                            about everyone knows someone with a '94-04 Mustang, so take a wheel off
                            the front of the Mustang, put yours on and spin it .. removes all doubt and
                            only takes a few minutes.

Sorry for seeming to hijack this thread, I just wanted to clarify things.

Tom

Originally posted by maxpower1954 View Post
                            So the Chrysler Cordova/cop car 15x6 wheels I use should work with your set up, right Tom? Russ Farris

Comment

Working...
                            X