Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 degree Studebaker interior photo

Hi All,

Thought some of you might be interested to view the interactive photograph of a stunning Studebaker that I recently photographed. You can view the image on my website here http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/inter...studebaker.php

Is a lovely car, spent a while just looking at it :-) One thing I noticed though is the steering wheel is very close to the seat, I couldn't sit in the drivers seat. We had a go at pushing the seat back but couldn't find anyway of moving it. Is there something I missed or do you just have to be small to get in ?

Pete

Really cool panorama!! THat is neat technology.
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

Thank you :-) Took a while to edit together. I'm told it's quite a rare one, only 10k miles on the clock. Here's a couple stills.....

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
        Really cool panorama!! THat is neat technology.
        Real estate agents love it for obvious reasons with on-line listings. One can do a virtual house tour very easily when one of these 360 degree cameras are used in the entire dwelling.

Craig
        Last edited by 8E45E; 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

yes I produce them sometimes for estate agents, not so much at the moment though.... not so many homes selling at the moment in the UK, getting better though.

Comment

Stunning car! Your seat should have a lever that projects from under the left side (I think) of the seat to allow it to move back and forth. Good Luck, Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Yes I found that, but couldn't get it to do anything..... will have another go when I see the car next. Hoping to get the car onto a turntable and shoot a 360 degree view around the outside of it.

Comment

That is a very nice 1956 Sky Hawk. It is not everyone's choice to have that added on aftermarket Continental kit (spare tire thing) hanging on the back, but it's all in fantastic condition.

You should be able to reach under the seat to manually release the latches from their cogs on the seat track that secure the seat in position on each side, to move it back.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Or, if the seat track hasn't been cleaned and lubricated in 44 years, it simply may not function.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Wow! I am really impressed. I would love to see you find some of the old Pre-WWII Studebakers like 1932 to 1937 cars and do the same with them. Great camera work.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Great Car! Great Interior. Studebaker design is Beautiful!!
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Thank you :-) Glad you all like it, quite a lot of work went into the photo. I will have another look at the seat and have another go, looks like I was pulling the right thing anyway.... It's a stunning car!

Comment

Never actually tried to do this with a 1956 Hawk seat, but with my 60 Hawk, the lever was attached indirectly to the seat release, and over time, the wire/cable had stretched or loosened, and wouldn't always allow the seat to release to move. Follow it blind with your fingers from the knob inwards--(or perhaps just pulling a bit harder on the connector)--and it should be do-able. The connector might have disconnected too. It isn't too hard to actually remove the seat to make a proper fix. (My 86 Peugeot turbodiesel wagon has exactly the same problem)

The car likely is fairly rare: a) its a Sky Hawk hardtop, one of 3,610 built. b) its single colour and black; many if not most were two tone. I have seen two all black Golden Hawk hardtops, but this wasn't common from the factory, if this is factory condition restored and c) it has continental kit. Its a beauty, and your 360 pictures are wonderful.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info...

It's a stunning car yes.... the dealer had a nice amount of info about it by the side of the car, I should have noted down a few things about it. I will look again when I'm next there. I don't think it's a restoration, it's only done about 10,000 miles.

Thank you for your kind comments :-)

Comment

The steering wheels on the 56 Hawks were either 18 inches in diameter or 17.25 inches in the Golden Hawks. I cannot comfortably drive my Hawk anymore and I am working with the Shrock Brothers to fabricate me
                              a steering wheel that is more like the yoke on a B-17. It will be a half high wheel but the locating tab has to be flipped so the majority or meat of the wheel is on top.

As a kid I had trouble fitting in under that wheel. Some folks have mentioned "removing the shims" from the dash, but I never found any shims.

What camera did you use and what lens? I am experimenting with my Nikon D-700 and using early '70's primes. Two lenses I have found in my stash are far superior to anything Nikon has produced. One is the 28mm f2.8 and the other is the 35mm f/1.4. Just got Lightroom 3 and will play with this HDR gimmick.

Great shot(s)

Comment

Working...
                              X