No announcement yet.

Look what I found at Bass Pro Shops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found at Bass Pro Shops...

This was inside bass Pro today.

Chris Dresbach

Looks like they're already stealing lug nuts off of it...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Looks like they're already stealing lug nuts off of it...
      You're right, Jeff...in fact, given that it is inside a Bass Pro Shop, I'd suspect something fishy going on...<GGG>
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Matt, did you get the story behind it? The door signs on it are really neat! It looks to be in wonderful original condition.

Bob... oh, boo, hiss!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
          Matt, .

Bob... oh, boo, hiss!
          Who??? lol

This truck is just at the bass Pro in Michigan City IN. I guess it's just there because it looks "rustic" and it is used as a table to sell shirts. It has no engine or tranny, missing the gas cap, lug nuts, etc. The body and interior are actually in really good condition.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Hawk

I purchased a Hawk from A Studebaker's bar in New Orleans.......................
            But.......................the rest of the story.......
            The car had been draged out of a junk yard and painted (mud still under it on the frame) Hood screwed
            on and screw heads covered over.....................
            Great interior.............
            But...........................
            Everyone would dispose of their beer by pouring it inside opon leaving............
            Jack White
            Charlotte,NC
            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

What? Someone crying about free beer?

Comment

I don't think it's in original condition. The paint is actually flat red. Not to glossy. The lettering on the door was painted on, and no engine/trans. The interior is almost perfect except it's missing some inside door handles. Glass is perfect. It would actually be a good truck to restore. I wanted to take it home, but they wanted to keep it! lol
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Red Head is a line of clothing as well as hunting (camo) apparal at bass pro shops. pretty cool that you found a Studebaker Chris the shop in Independence has an old Chevy in the exact type display.

Seems to be a popular thing to do with certain retailers.

Bass pro and their trucks
                  Old Navy used to do the same thing.
                  Dinosaur Cafe' would usually have an old Range Rover or Land Cruiser in their displays.
                  Gives us guy's something to look at while the wives/girlfriends shop
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yep, it even extends to furniture stores. Goods Furniture in Kewanee, IL, which is very BIG furniture store that encompasses both sides of the street, has a '29 Ford Model AA(I think that's the moniker), where the flatbed portion of the truck serves as the landing for the stairs to the second floor. The vehicle is supposed to symbolize the age and the history of the furniture store, and what better way than with one of original moving trucks. The truck has the name of the furniture store on the doors of the truck, and is fully restored.

Oh and for the plug, if you've never been, you gotta see this place, particularly for the restaurant and food in the basement .
                    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I gotta go check the Bass Pro in Macon.
                      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                      Lizella, GA

Comment

In Tulsa all we got was an old 52 Chevrolet.
                        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                        X