1927 Dictator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Dictator

So I've been around a while, but not very active. I just don't get on the computer that much I guess.

Last year I aquired a '27 Dictator and I'm in the process of getting a title on it. Does anyone have a guess at what this thing is worth? The link below is to a picasa album of the car.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

A worthwhile project but it appears to need everything & thats going to cost lots of $$$$.The way it sits,if I wanted one 1 would venture to say $1500-2000 as one would probably be into it for more than it's worth when finished

Comment

One of the joys of Studebakers of this era is they paid no attention to model years. They made changes whenever they felt it necessary. It has Wagner ignition and the inside door handles come up through the window garnish mouldings which are features of 1926 Dictators. Also the front bumper is characteristic of 1926 Dictators, but was likely changed at some time in the cars past. It appears to have scroll type exterior door handles and has a ribbed rear bumper which are features of later 1927 Dictators.

Terry

Comment

I always have a difficult time with putting a value on a particular vehicle, but I just have to believe that there is more than $2000 worth of car there due to the great shape the body is in. Not cheap to restore but as a street rod it could be put on the street for a doable number.

JMO

Bob

Comment

The car seems to be missing quite a few important parts unless they just aren't in the pictures. No starter, no carb for starters. Not worth much in that condition.
          28 dictator
          40 commander

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. I know it is going to be a big project any way I look at it. I mostly need to put a value on it for the DMV. And yes it is missing a few engine parts and I'm sure there some other small parts missing, but all in all the car is mostly there, and has a lot of potential. As of right now it is the project in waiting while I work on the M5, so we will see if I get around to it before I sell it. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Studeyman, I see you are in Chico. We have a Karel Staple chapter member that lives in Durham that has a similar vintage Studebaker, he may have some parts or even be interested if you are serious about selling. Our group is meeting at Dick Grove's house in Cottonwood on Sunday, then going up to see the Sundial Bridge. We would love to have you join us for the day or longer if you are interested. Let me know and I will provide directions.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I too have a 1927 Dictator (Touring). Mine has the Remy distributor but engine parts are more akin to 25-26 Standard Six!
                Fred

Comment

Studeyman,
                  Do not be deterred. The few parts that seem to be missing are obtainable with some searching. Many a show winner has been resurrected from less. 98% intact and straight, 2% finding lost parts and 2000% labor that would be required even if you were to street rod it.
                  I hope you have joined the Antique Studebaker Club.

ASC caters to pre-war Studebakers and will be your best source for finding what you need.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                    Studeyman, I see you are in Chico. We have a Karel Staple chapter member that lives in Durham that has a similar vintage Studebaker, he may have some parts or even be interested if you are serious about selling. Our group is meeting at Dick Grove's house in Cottonwood on Sunday, then going up to see the Sundial Bridge. We would love to have you join us for the day or longer if you are interested. Let me know and I will provide directions.
                    I didn't realize there was an active chapter in the area. I wish I had known. It would be great to catch up with you guys, but this weekend it out. And unfortunately I just watched my lark drive away yesterday so now I don't have a driver.

Comment

Originally posted by studeyman View Post
                      I didn't realize there was an active chapter in the area. I wish I had known. It would be great to catch up with you guys, but this weekend it out. And unfortunately I just watched my lark drive away yesterday so now I don't have a driver.
                      Studeyman, We welcome you whether you have an active driver or not. All you need is the Studebaker love interest. You can go to www.hawktalks.com to see our chapter web page and news letters. All of our meetings and events are also published in Turning Wheels. Send me a note any time if you are interested.

Pat
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                        Studeyman,
                        Do not be deterred. The few parts that seem to be missing are obtainable with some searching. Many a show winner has been resurrected from less. 98% intact and straight, 2% finding lost parts and 2000% labor that would be required even if you were to street rod it.
                        I hope you have joined the Antique Studebaker Club.

ASC caters to pre-war Studebakers and will be your best source for finding what you need.
                        Hi Brad, I did will check out the web site. I would love to restore this car to as near original as possible, but first I have to finish my Street Rod '46 M5. Like you said its going to be 2000% labor, so it has to be a monogamous relationship once I start on that car. LOL

Thanks
                        Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                          Studeyman, We welcome you whether you have an active driver or not. All you need is the Studebaker love interest. You can go to www.hawktalks.com to see our chapter web page and news letters. All of our meetings and events are also published in Turning Wheels. Send me a note any time if you are interested.

Pat
                          Pat,

Good to know, because I'm definatley a Studebaker guy. The lark was my driver when I was in college, hopefully the M5 will be on the road in the next couple years. It would be great to hook up with you guys. I'll check out the site.

Thanks,
                          Forrest

Comment

Working...
                          X