Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a 1st-gear-start valve body?

He is saying the #s on his are 5H203 5H200 5H201

The numbers on the one I got from Bo are 5H 203()2 on the bottom, 5H 200 on the center section and 5H201A on the top.

The one from Mike Dotson are 5H 203()2 5H 200 and 5H201()W (circle around the W).

Now I'm really confused. Are mine BOTH 1st-gear-start? Only 1? Neither? Hmmmm....

John
    Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 06-23-2010, 10:43 AM. Reason: Question added

I have one I bought purported to be a first-gear start. What numbers do we use? On the side in the seller's first picture mine says 5H-203. The other side shows 5H201A. Mine was claimed to be NOS, and it surely appears to be. I wouldn't know how to tell myself.

Comment

Looking at BW part makeup list, 2 trans have that combination - #6 is a Stude '61-62 truck trans AS10-5K part no. 1694125 with PNDLR shift pattern - #10 is a Checker Aerobus AS6-5AP* part #395758 with a NDLR shift pattern. Would need to confirm more parts of body to identify which is which - so be careful!
      The list doesn't show a 5H201 - just a 5T201.
      Last edited by WCP; 06-23-2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

John, what car/trans are you buying a valve body for?
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Since the valve body is sold already, it's not so important. But I have a '54 Land Cruiser with a '64 drivetrain including Flight-O-Matic. As I said, I already have 2 valve bodies, both of which are purported to be 1st-gear-start. But the one on Ebay was so cheap I thot I'd get another IF it was that type.

The problem is, since I have not installed either of the ones I have, I'm wondering if either (or both) are 1st-gear-start. With the different #s on each, it's a mystery.

John

Comment

The transmissions I listed above do not have OWC according to the B-W parts list. The '61-62 6 cyl. truck trans #1694041 or AS2-8D does have OWC. The corresponding valve nos. are: top - 5H201A, mid - 8-200A, bottom - 8-203A. I suspect that if your valve bodies have H's rather than 8's on mid and bottom cover, then they are not 1st gear start but the 8 cyl. unit.

Comment

Working...
            X