PDA

View Full Version : South Bend swap meet

2R5
06-21-2010, 09:38 PM
At the swap meet in May there was a vender selling NOS small hubcaps , he was not too far from Tom K's bus ; does anyone know who he was or better yet maybe that vender is a forum member !
Any help is appreciated .

2R5
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Must be someone out there who knows this vendor , I'd like to get ahold of him .

unclemiltie
06-22-2010, 05:50 PM
It they were for a 42 commander and he was set up in front of the bus that was Brad Kuchan. I think he lives in the Bloomington Il area. I do not have his phone number. He has been selling parts for years. Good luck.

2R5
06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the response , I think this vendor was in the middle rows but beside the bus . He had many different small NOS caps , I was looking for the 64-66 caps and I remember he had a set of them .

bams50
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Bob, are they the same as 62-3? If they are, I believe they are the ones that turn up on eBay semi-regularly- both used and NOS.

2R5
06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
No , 62 -3 are different.
Heres the 64-66 cap

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/66hubcap.jpg

jlmccuan
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I bought a set of the NOS 64-66 center caps from that vendor, but don't remember their name offhand. I believe they asked a fellow named John if he would take my offer on the caps and a couple of other items. I'll look to see if I got a receipt with a name, though.

Nelsen Motorsports
06-23-2010, 06:45 AM
No , 62 -3 are different.
Heres the 64-66 cap

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/66hubcap.jpg

I got 2 sets I can sell you. They just need new black paint.

Welcome
06-23-2010, 07:53 AM
At the swap meet in May there was a vender selling NOS small hubcaps , he was not too far from Tom K's bus ; does anyone know who he was or better yet maybe that vender is a forum member !
Any help is appreciated .

If all else fails, you may want to contact the 2010 South Bend Swap Meet Chairmen, Chris & Bob and ask them.

You can email them by going through the below link to the Michiana Chapter SDC website and clicking on their names.

http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/Annual_Meet.html

Good luck with your search!

2R5
06-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks Jim , may just do that .
Alex are yours NOS ? Do you have any pics ?

41 Frank
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I know we have some NOS caps like that in our stuff Bob and when Jim Mccuan said here he bought some caps from us (John) at SB it rang a bell in my head. But since I was not present at SB I don't know where exactly our table was. I would have to go dig through the swap trailer to find them but I know they were on our table at Glendale. I thought they had white paint on them though rather than black.

2R5
06-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Frank , if you happen to have a set of NOS ones I'd be interested but they won't have white paint ....not sure what they would be ??
That wasn't your spot in South Bend , your buddy was near the other end of the building , at least past the half way mark that way . I don't remember seeing any at Glendale but hey I really wasn't looking for parts too hard there because of flying there .
By the way the part number is 1561288

41 Frank
06-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't show us as having that part number cap Bob but I know we have 4 NOS caps with that particular pattern in our swap stuff as I remember looking at them in Glendale and commenting to my wife how attractive they were. Let me know if you don't find any and I'll look for these but I know they did not have the black highlights, they were silver or something like that.

Hi Frank , if you happen to have a set of NOS ones I'd be interested but they won't have white paint ....not sure what they would be ??
That wasn't your spot in South Bend , your buddy was near the other end of the building , at least past the half way mark that way . I don't remember seeing any at Glendale but hey I really wasn't looking for parts too hard there because of flying there .
By the way the part number is 1561288