Engine serial no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine serial no.

My 1964 wagonair does not have the correct engine. The no. on the block is RCN 320. I'm guessing its Reconditioned. I am not sure of the size of the engine or where it came from. Any ideas?
    thanks
    Roland

It is a Canadian Built Engine, PCN320 = If you look closer, it is a P (President 289) C=Canada, Dec. 20, 1963.

That makes it a very late 1964 Full-Flow Engine, you should be good to go!

Does the CAR have a Canadian Serial number?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich, the cars serial no. is 64v 1522. I am not sure what a Canadian serial no. looks like.
      You say its a President 289. I didn't know there was a President in 1964? Thanks for the response.
      Roland

Comment

It is a South Bend car, the serial number plate would be obvious because it would say Studebaker of Canada, but they did have their own Series of numbers also. An early 1964 Model year car, would be 64VC for an 8 Cyl. built for Canadian sale, after the shift in Production to Canada on the late '64 models, two series of only numbers, were used to I.D. the 6 Cyl. and V-8 models.

The only reason I mentioned President, is for ease of remembering the code. But it did originally mean President because that was the original use of the 289 Engine.

All Police, Taxi, H.D. Sedans, Hawks, basically any Car with a 289 was considered a President up to 1958 when the last Presidents were built.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X