Starlight Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight Studebaker

I've sent some emails and a phone call to Will at Starlight Studebaker about a price quote for seat covers and I haven't heard a peep. I know that they were probably busy with the Meet in Arizona. Has anyone been able to get a hold of them of late?

Saw Will at the Meet in Glendale. He is still sorting through his inventory. Jim

Comment

I have sent them a couple of emails with no response. I don't know how they expect to sell anything if they don't/won't communicate.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
        I have sent them a couple of emails with no response. I don't know how they expect to sell anything if they don't/won't communicate.
        Hi, Chip,
        I have one e-mail from you received on March 28th and it shows I responded... I apologize if you didn't get it. I'll re-send it today.
        ~Lori Sander
        "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
        '63 Lark "Lucy"
        '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
        A bunch of other Larks
        '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Originally posted by lotsalarks View Post
          Hi, Chip,
          I have one e-mail from you received on March 28th and it shows I responded... I apologize if you didn't get it. I'll re-send it today.
          ~Lori Sander
          Hmmm ...March 28th must have been a very busy email day for you That was the very same day I also emailed, but asking about the "Brick" pattern SILVER mylar as used in the Golden Hawks, etc. So do you have any???

TIA

Comment

Happy Monday, everyone!

We haven't checked the forums much since we returned from Arizona, but here's an update on the interior parts project. I'm doing my best to keep up with e-mails we've received regarding interior requests, though it seems that between work (regular job) and sorting/organizing, I'm only getting to e-mail 2-3 times a week right now. Once everything is organized and inventoried and we're actually up and running, response time should be within a day.

We've been busy sorting through all of the boxed interior pieces and parts and getting things on shelves so that we can begin a formal inventory. We've had to rearrange shop, storage, and shelving spaces a few times because just when we think we've found all of the 1964 boxed pieces and they're on the shelves, we come across more 1964 boxes (or '63 or '62)! We're planning a day in July when we can have all of our friends who've volunteered to help come over to sort door panels by part numbers. That's another huge task that we'll hopefully get knocked out in a day or so given enough hands. Once those are sorted and organized, we'll still have plenty of sorting to do with loose seat covers and other, smaller interior parts like quarter trim and pillar panels, but those are a bit easier to shelve and store.

This is a huuuuuuuge project. As some of you who visited the bowels of SASCO know, what may have been semi-organized at one time became extremely disorganized over the years, and we're trying to get it all re-organized in short-order so that it can go out of our doors as soon as possible! Unfortunately, it takes time to get it there... I wish I had a magic wand, believe me!

One more thing: prices. We haven't set firm prices, yet, as it's not clear how much we have of anything and we won't know until everything is on an inventory list. What is for certain is that we don't want to keep all of this forever --- we want to set prices low enough so that they are accessible for anyone who wants an NOS interior but high enough to help us recoup our investment over time.

I hope that this update is helpful in letting everyone know where we're at with our project, and I'll try to update our blog with some pictures this week. Thank you in advance for your patience if you've requested interior parts, and please accept our apologies for any late responses to individual e-mails.

~Lori & Will Sander
            Last edited by lotsalarks; 06-21-2010, 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling :-)
            "The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
            '63 Lark "Lucy"
            '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
            A bunch of other Larks
            '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Hmmm ...March 28th must have been a very busy email day for you That was the very same day I also emailed, but asking about the "Brick" pattern SILVER mylar as used in the Golden Hawks, etc. So do you have any???

TIA
              I'm really sorry, but I don't have an e-mail regarding GH mylar in the "in-box" on 3/28 or anytime that week (I just checked), and I'm even sorrier that we don't have the mylar. THAT would be a great find, for sure!
              "The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
              '63 Lark "Lucy"
              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
              A bunch of other Larks

Comment

Hi, Chip,
                ~Lori Sander
                Thanks for the response, Lori and Will. I sent a response with a picture of my needs. Thanks again!
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Folks, I wanted to let you know (since I started this thread) that I heard from Lori and Will. I'm really looking forward to working with them in the future! (So is Miss Rose!)

Comment

I sent several Emails about a set of green seat covers for a 62 4dr Lark simple bench seat front and rear. I got several responces asking about trim levels and such, but have not heard anything about availability or price. NT
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      I sent several Emails about a set of green seat covers for a 62 4dr Lark simple bench seat front and rear. I got several responces asking about trim levels and such, but have not heard anything about availability or price. NT
                      Hi, Neil,
                      We have your request on our list for "first responses" as soon as we have everything sorted, inventoried, and are ready to ship---hopefully late August or early September. Unfortunately, until we have everything to that point, we can't quote availability and prices. Please accept our apologies for the wait-time during this process and know that we appreciate your interest and patience.

~Lori
                      "The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                      '63 Lark "Lucy"
                      '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                      A bunch of other Larks

Comment

Very good to hear from you! I'm sure my e-mail
                        from back then is still among you backlog. No hurry here, and thanks!

Comment

Will and Lori are doing the best they can and it's going to take them some time to get everything sorted out and inventoried. But once done, they're great people to deal with and they'll be more than happy to get us the parts we need. As soon as they're up and running, they'll be the ones I call for an interior for my '59 truck.

Comment

Welcome........... if you are still looking for the correct mylar used in Golden Hawks contact JHall20613@aol.com he knows where to get it. There are many close replicas, his is a match.
                            It is an addiction!

Comment

Hi, Neil,
                              We have your request on our list for "first responses" as soon as we have everything sorted, inventoried, and are ready to ship---hopefully late August or early September. Unfortunately, until we have everything to that point, we can't quote availability and prices. Please accept our apologies for the wait-time during this process and know that we appreciate your interest and patience.

~Lori
                              Hey, That's OK. It's just that it's been nearly 2 mounths since I heard from you, I thought you had forgotten about me. NT
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X