CE parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CE parts

has anyone ever purchased replacement parts from CE? i just receved my parts and they don't even come close to original contour. is this a common problem?
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Yes, it is. Apparently they cannot afford to make exact copies in non-mass production. I guess we have to be glad to have any at all at the cost of making things today. I just 1 hour ago called in my weekly S.I. order and discovered EVERYTHING went up, my items were 25% higher!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, it is. Apparently they cannot afford to make exact copies in non-mass production. I guess we have to be glad to have any at all at the cost of making things today. I just 1 hour ago called in my weekly S.I. order and discovered EVERYTHING went up, my items were 25% higher!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Which "parts" are you speaking of? While the floor pans are close, I've used their rocker panels fairly recently and they fit like a glove![^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Which "parts" are you speaking of? While the floor pans are close, I've used their rocker panels fairly recently and they fit like a glove![^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The rockers I got from them for my wagon were perfect. The floor design was different but I was told up front they would be. They don't make a wagon but a sedan fits(different contour). They overall floor fit really well except for the contours.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

The rockers I got from them for my wagon were perfect. The floor design was different but I was told up front they would be. They don't make a wagon but a sedan fits(different contour). They overall floor fit really well except for the contours.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
              Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

the rear weatherstrip channel doesn't even come close to having the right bend and the sides don't come bent at all. which if i wouldn't have got in a hurry to order them i would have relized that it tells you you have to bend the sides, but it does tell you the "rear panel is now properly curved". i am kind of disappointed i think i will return the side pieces i can make better ones. and i am not sure about the back.
                Kevin Phillips
                Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

the rear weatherstrip channel doesn't even come close to having the right bend and the sides don't come bent at all. which if i wouldn't have got in a hurry to order them i would have relized that it tells you you have to bend the sides, but it does tell you the "rear panel is now properly curved". i am kind of disappointed i think i will return the side pieces i can make better ones. and i am not sure about the back.
                  Kevin Phillips
                  Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Well Studerich, I told you earlier that the prices of things at SI and others were going up, you told me they were not, nothing like first hand experience is it.I just ordered a huge box of parts for my hawk and can't believe the difference in the catalog from just 2 years ago. As far as CE they have replacement panels and floor sections that are great. We have ordered just about every part you can have for a hawk and are very pleased with them. We just got the firewall supports because my car's driver side support was totally sheared from the frame thank goodness he had them because it would have been a nightmare to make, The trunk patch panels are to die for, he (CE) should be given a metal!

Studebakers forever!
                    Studebakers forever!

Comment

Well Studerich, I told you earlier that the prices of things at SI and others were going up, you told me they were not, nothing like first hand experience is it.I just ordered a huge box of parts for my hawk and can't believe the difference in the catalog from just 2 years ago. As far as CE they have replacement panels and floor sections that are great. We have ordered just about every part you can have for a hawk and are very pleased with them. We just got the firewall supports because my car's driver side support was totally sheared from the frame thank goodness he had them because it would have been a nightmare to make, The trunk patch panels are to die for, he (CE) should be given a metal!

Studebakers forever!
                      Studebakers forever!

Comment

studelover; only part of what you say is true. You said '61 Hawk Tail light lenses are $45.00 ea. I said I get $29.95. But you never said WHERE you got that price!

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

studelover; only part of what you say is true. You said '61 Hawk Tail light lenses are $45.00 ea. I said I get $29.95. But you never said WHERE you got that price!

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

could it be SI

Studebakers forever!
                            Studebakers forever!

Comment