Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Studebaker International

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to bother you about this, but it 's been three weeks since I've placed an order on S.I.'s site and I've got no news from them. I also e-mailed them without better luck. I'm wondering what's the problem. Are they so busy at this period of the year that they can't answer?

Thanks by advance and have a nice week-end.

Christophe
    sigpic

I called them this morning and made then aware of this. Jim

Comment

Last edited by BShaw; 06-18-2010, 05:08 AM. Reason: Posting customer numbers and such on a public forum isn't a good idea. --BShaw, Admin
      sigpic

Comment

I ordered something from them once that was on back order. There was no communication back to me about the item until one day a few months later I received a package and there was my part.....after I'd completely forgot about it.

Comment

I have never had a problem with SI, however I always call in my orders. I have had 10-15 orders so far and not ever had a problem.
          The phone call should produce answers for you.
          Last edited by 55champion; 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I always call and always get great service. HINT: Everything goes much better if you have the part numbers you need at hand. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

The SDC FAMILY

Ain't this great! Normally, you'd think that this is merely a simple transaction of one person to one company. However, when you are part of the "Studebaker experience," you have the concern of a multitude of members. Despite all of our warts, petty bickering, and the occasional things that divide us, the common bond of our interest in Studebakers unite us. It is good to see the encouragement of others to address the problem even to the point of a genuine sense of concern toward a business that has a purpose to make a profit and take our money. Regardless of whether or not something here has "fallen through the cracks," or a conflict of perceived attitude problem has occurred...the overriding sense of this thread is the desire to see the problem resolved for the benefit of both parties with no piling on. That is, to me, one of the best reasons to be a member of the SDC!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I always call. One week ago, called and ordered a fuel sending unit on Friday, and it was on the doorstep on Monday when I got home.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Christophe, Jim at Studebaker International called me and said you made a large order, stating that it was to all be sent all together. There was a clutch that required a core for rebuld. As you had not sent yours, they had to purchase a core. Jim steted that your order should be shipped Tuesday,6-22. Glad I could help. Jim

Comment

I've always called my orders in to SI without problems. Delivery was fast too. I guess occasionally a glitch will pop up. But it can always be corrected. They're a good company to deal with.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

So far, and everything considered that they have gone through as an organization (with SASCO, etc.), I've really enjoyed dealing with Studebaker International. I have also found that their employees - especially Susan and Crystal - who are pretty incredible people. Given the size of their operation, and that they deal with emails, letters, phone calls and walk ins, I'm amazed because I couldn't keep up! SI does a whole lot, for a lot of people. ;-)

Comment

I've ordered through their website for about two years now and have had great service every time.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Many have suggested calling, and in my experience that is probably the preferred method for all concerned. However, note that Christophe is from France. Probably would be hard to call for any number of reasons. But SI being top-notch as they are, I'm sure they're already on top of the solution.

Comment

I sent them an email for a quote on some bumpers & guards (I listed the part numbers) 2 days ago & haven't heard anything from them.
                            Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              Ain't this great! Normally, you'd think that this is merely a simple transaction of one person to one company. However, when you are part of the "Studebaker experience," you have the concern of a multitude of members. Despite all of our warts, petty bickering, and the occasional things that divide us, the common bond of our interest in Studebakers unite us. It is good to see the encouragement of others to address the problem even to the point of a genuine sense of concern toward a business that has a purpose to make a profit and take our money. Regardless of whether or not something here has "fallen through the cracks," or a conflict of perceived attitude problem has occurred...the overriding sense of this thread is the desire to see the problem resolved for the benefit of both parties with no piling on. That is, to me, one of the best reasons to be a member of the SDC!
                              Very well said and perfectly on point.

Happy Trails, STALL
                              Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Working...
                              X