Either leo Newman or Nate Altman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either leo Newman or Nate Altman???

I remember somebody told me exactly who the man in this photo was once, but I can't remember. Can somebody indentify them? (I'm putting all this and some other N/A pics in a photo album)
    Thanks.
    Chris Dresbach

I figured it out. It's Jack benny.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

The guy in the middle of the picture, facing us, looks like Bob Faust. Maybe Denny will chime in here.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe Leo Altman is the guy on the right with his pocket full of money, scratching his chin to come up with a Price for that T-90 Overdrive Trans. for "Jack Benny"!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The one scratching his chin certainly looks like Bob Foust.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            I remember somebody told me exactly who the man in this photo was once, but I can't remember. Can somebody indentify them? (I'm putting all this and some other N/A pics in a photo album)
            Thanks.
            Leo Newman is the man in the middle of the three men, with tie and glasses, hands on hips, looking down. Dan

Comment

I believe this photo was taken in 1965. In the November '65 issue of Motor Trend, there was a photo article called "New Avanti II Road Test", by Technical Editor Bob McVay. The guy on the left in the photo looks like it's Bob McVay...most likely during his tour of Avanti Motors for the article.

Whether the photo was taken by a Motor Trend photographer or someone at Avanti Motors is anyone's guess.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Leo Newman in the center, Bob Faust on the right. Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                  Whether the photo was taken by a Motor Trend photographer or someone at Avanti Motors is anyone's guess.
                  I kind of doubt it, because I have all of the origional prints. Age, rips, folds and all. If they were taken by a writer or photographer for a magazine, they would have been kept. I think they were just taken by a somebody that happened to be at standard surplus at the time. I do think they may have been taken in 1965 just because of the age of my photos, and that the other ones I have in the "set" show the front of building #53/58 and it only says "Standard Surplus" on the door, not Newman & Altman yet. It also shows the engineering building accross the street as the offices for south bend lathe. I have all the photos, and none of them show the Avanti plant at all. Only building #53/58 (N&A)
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                  X