New deadline for my restoration of the 1960 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New deadline for my restoration of the 1960 Hawk

I should have, could have, would have taken better care of "Hawk Baby" had I only known then what I know now! The black 289hp Hawk was purchased by my mother my senior year in high school. I drove it that year and loved it. After a 20 year career in the Marines, I returned to Oregon and reclaimed the Hawk and fixed it up so my son could drive it his senior year in high school. After his graduation, I parked it in the garage and failed to work on it for the next 17 years. This year, a year earlier then I anticipated, on the anniversary of my 49th year of high school graduation, the class is making arrangements for a joint reunion with the class ahead of us! It took a whole year out of my restoration schedule as I wanted to fix the Studebaker and return to the reunion with my wife and announce, "same woman and same car, what has changed?" Unfortunately, I discovered a seized engine and that resulted in a complete engine rebuild and while at it, why not really fix it up really nice. While not an off the frame restoration, it is close. It won't be prefect but it will be a great daily driver. Now you draw my attention to the International Drive your Studebaker Day; another 20 days earlier then the class reunion! I am under enough pressure and to try to reach this important day is really cutting it close! I will do my best and let you know if Hawk Baby hits the road and joins the rest of the world this year or it misses this important day and has to join the event in 2011! Only time will tell! Wish me well.

Keep us updated on the project! I would love to hear the out come!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
    X