PDA

View Full Version : looking for parts for my 46 coupe

46coupe
06-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Hello Studebaker friends!

My name is Darren Graham, Bill Jackameit featured my 1946 coupe a few months ago and now I need some help. While coming home from a car show on the weekend something locked up, jammed up not sure what happened yet (just rolled it into the shop and covered her up) but I lost her and slammed it into the guard rail on the side of a six lane highway. We were all ok nobody got hurt and no other cars were involved. If anybody has any parts or can direct me to any I would greatly appreciate hearing from you! Here is a picture so you can see what we will need to fix her up. My Dad built this car in the late 70's so we have accumulated some parts since just in case, but that rear quarter is going to be a big job to fix so any replacement parts for that area would be a huge help.
Thanks for your time,
Darren and family!
Graham's Garage
www.hotrodswag.com

jclary
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Man! I know you are just sick over what happened. I don't have a car that old but would love to have a pre-war or '46 Stude. I am just curious about what actually happened. Usually, when something "locks up." there is a reason. Do you know what it was? Since I do not have much experience with these models, any suggestions would be pure speculation on my part. However, I think that there may be the chance that 40 to 42 year parts might work. Someone in the Antique Studebaker Club or perhaps Richard Quinn could recommend some good resources.

rockne10
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Folks,
As a subscriber to Bill Jackameit's Studebaker page, I received Darren's email and suggested he post his query to this Forum.
Perhaps we can help with the mechanical issue that brought the coupe to an abrupt halt.
Surely we know someone who knows someone who knows where there might be a left rear fender; and, perhaps a bumper. tail light, deck lid?

46coupe
06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey john Thanks for the reply I haven't even gone to my Dad's shop since the accident were we took the car. The car is sitting on a 65 lark frame and the complete drive train is from the lark. I'll get into it once I track down some sheet metal so I can get started with the repair. Luckily the car has been in my family for 32 years so my Dad has been collecting parts for a fw years.

46coupe
06-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Ya thanks for the tip Brad, My Grandpa has a 32 Rockne. It is a really unusual car, it was restored years ago and needs help again now but is all there and was running and mobile. But with mechanical brakes gramps doesn't go to far, he's 85 has probably 75 Studebakers (no 46 coupes of course) Mostly parts has a half a dozen drivers and keepers. He ships parts all over the world, he had a dealership from 58 to 66 and still lives and breaths Studebakers.