Rear seal & bushing flightomatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear seal & bushing flightomatic

For those of you with flightomatics with a bad rear seal and/or bushing. Parts for those are available, C-4, C-5 ,or AOD transmissions use a matching output shaft bushing. For a rear seal you have two choices the C-4, C-5 or AOD,without the boot,and chev 350or 700 up to 1996 will work. Just a little info if you have to take it to the transmission shop... We have to order the parts yea you bet ya. If you have to change the rear bushing,extension housing will have to be removed, be shure that the rear band is tightened up all the way, so it will keep the output shaft from backing out; it keeps thrust washers in position.. Lou Cote [8D]

Excellent Info!. Thanks for taking the time to post it..

Bob Johnstone
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I haven't done this for a long time, but Ford had a tool for removing the C4 extension housing bushing without removing the housing. Would that not work here?

Terry

Comment

My instincts say yes. All thats required is that you grip the seal from the inside diameter and pull. I believe the tool is a universal type.

Bob Johnstone
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yes ford did make a bushing remover to do it with extension housing in car. I have worked in the industry since 85 and yet to see one. By the way the new bushing is bronze rather than the stock babbit, so it should last even longer. It removed all the slop I had in the yoke area. Lou Cote [8D]

Comment

Working...
          X