PDA

View Full Version : Hey, at least you get free shipping!

Johnnywiffer
06-14-2010, 11:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Avanti-Hawk-Studebaker-Emblem-VG-original-Cond-/300397332686?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item45f11388ce

John

Nelsen Motorsports
06-14-2010, 12:21 PM
You gotta remember, people are willing to pay big dollars for parts to go on their Concours grade Hawk. I don't know if any of us CASOs realize how much money people are willing to spend to get a Concours car. Many of the cars at Pebble Beach or Greenwich have had many repaints and repairs like when one scratch or flaw showed up. They want cars that are better built now than they were from the factory even if they were hand-built Ferraris. If you have millions to spend you would want a PERFECT car.

DEEPNHOCK
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes, but aren't those shelf worn NOS Hawks the same as p/n#1320941 sold by SI @ $19.95 each?
I dunno.... Just a swag...
Jeff:cool:

You gotta remember, people are willing to pay big dollars for parts to go on their Concours grade Hawk. I don't know if any of us CASOs realize how much money people are willing to spend to get a Concours car. Many of the cars at Pebble Beach or Greenwich have had many repaints and repairs like when one scratch or flaw showed up. They want cars that are better built now than they were from the factory even if they were hand-built Ferraris. If you have millions to spend you would want a PERFECT car.

COMMANDERPINK1
06-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Price is for each and he has two

Tom

DEEPNHOCK
06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Kind of reminds me of the guy selling the truck chrome shop truck marker lights as Hawk turn signal lights...for $69 or so each...
Last time I was in the truch chrome shop I saw them and they were going for about $15 each...
I guess it's all in how you write 'em up, huh?

Jim B PEI
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I am very amused by the Ebay Store name of the seller.
Now, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one of the SI/SASCOSI emblems and have it anodized? Paging Jerry Forester....<g>