Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the rear seat back in a lark sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove the rear seat back in a lark sedan?

Need to do a quick cover up of a sun rotted rear seat back. How do you remove it?

In a '63 (yours umknown) remove the bottom cushion by pulling up at the front, and you will find the bolts that hold the back cushion.

Comment

Yes, tug the front of the seat bottom UP (maybe while trying to push back a little) - it is held down by spring-clip-like hooks. Pull that out of the way, there should (might) be screws below the back cushion holding the bottom of the seat back to the body. After they are removed, again, tug the rear straight up - there are hooks up by the package shelf. You will have to angle the back out - it is a pretty snug fit on the sides.

--george
      1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

You guys are the greatest!

Comment

Don't forget the arm rests need to be removed to get the back rest all the way out, at least one side any way...Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Bob is absolutely correct. While I have had my seat in and out often, I haven't had the armrests in place - so I forgot that! Thanks, Bob.

--george
            1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
              In a '63 (yours umknown) remove the bottom cushion by pulling up at the front, and you will find the bolts that hold the back cushion.
              bolts? guess mine are missing! my seat pulls right out, and is only hanging on the hooks by package shelf. Had to crawl back there and pop open trunk when trunk lock broke! That was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by gohdes View Post
                bolts? guess mine are missing! my seat pulls right out, and is only hanging on the hooks by package shelf. Had to crawl back there and pop open trunk when trunk lock broke! That was fun!
                Yup! In '62 they are screws, don't know about later Larks. Just be careful pulling it out, I found out the hard way they are there! I thought it was just stuck, then I ended up with 2 stripped out screw holes! :O
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                X