Potential new members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential new members

On Truck Talk, this post made me want to ask - How many of you are teachers, or have a connection with a teacher?

What a great way to introduce a new generation to Studebakers!

2E12 doubles as school bus
    by Bish

Here is my Junior Honors U.S. History class having their picture taken just before school gets out for the year. I was surprised at how excited they were to have this taken. They are a really nice group of kids and I'm proud to have been part of their education. Besides the usual U.S. History, they somehow now know the years Scotsman trucks were produced, what Tusk Ivory is, and what 2E12 stands for.

Bish
    Attached Files

Great Picture!!!
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Against the law in California to carry people in the bed of a truck, but ok for a picture, about teachers and Studebakers, one thing to remember is national meets held during school time doesn't leave room for them and their family to go, years when meets are held at school time only 2 in my group get to go, myself and Ian Mackellar, on years when school is out my motor home is full 7-10 people and we pull a car along also, just some facts about national meets...Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Great idea, Bish!

Wish I had thought about this when I was driving my "50" to work at Springs Valley Elementary.
        Jim, Ed.S
        sigpicJimmie
        Orange County, Indiana
        1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

I retired a few years ago after teaching 31 years. The kids loved the idea of my driving my "old cars" to school.

Bob you are absolutely right about the scheduling of International Meets. This has come up before. Not only can teachers not make it if they are scheduled during the school year, but neither can families with school aged kids. Of course in some places year round schools make scheduling any major event a difficult task.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            I retired a few years ago after teaching 31 years. The kids loved the idea of my driving my "old cars" to school.

Bob you are absolutely right about the scheduling of International Meets. This has come up before. Not only can teachers not make it if they are scheduled during the school year, but neither can families with school aged kids. Of course in some places year round schools make scheduling any major event a difficult task.
            I don't know, I was already out of school when the meet happened, just money got in the way of me going. But then again there are no snow days in Georgia.
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
            X