PDA

View Full Version : Took my '64 for its first 'cruise in' tonight..

Bill Pressler
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm just back today from working in Harrisburg, PA (300-some miles away) and the weather was so nice when I got home, and my wife had another engagement, that I decided to wheel my '64 Daytona out and take it one town over for its first cruise. I'm glad I did! There were probably close to 100 cars there, and mine was only one of two Studebakers (another was a '46 Champion 4-door sedan which I've seen around before). My car wasn't all that clean but it got nice remarks and attention. I put a photocopy of the original window sticker in the LR quarter window and that drew a good bit of notice. On the placard with my name and list of 'unusual features', I wrote, 'Sold new by a good friend of mine'--and he's still with us (thankfully!).

I consider today to be a 'baby step' with this car!

Milaca
06-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Bill, don't tell me you didnt bring a camera with!

Rerun
06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Bill,

I always kept a copy of the window sticker on my '64 Daytona. It would always draw a crowd. People really seemed to enjoy reading the prices from "back in the day".

bams50
06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Very good! I've felt bad about how that car disappointed you, and am hoping you do get to bond with it :)

Bill Pressler
06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, gentlemen! No, I did not have a camera with me...the car wasn't real clean! But hopefully this was only the first of many more enjoyable 'cruises' to participate in!

Black Hawk 1964
06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey Bill good luck on your 'new baby" maybe we can both cars up there next week!