PDA

View Full Version : Looking cool at a Stude meet

barnlark
06-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I don't think I've ever heard better stories of bad boy days gone by; a life filled with fun & hard work, a few tears & broken hearts, a keen eye for a savable Studebaker or pocket watch and an innate ability to get anywhere for a SDC gathering. Each meet with him delivers a better tale than the last. I wish I had a dollar for every time he uttered "If I was 50 years younger..." last week.
If James Dean had stayed alive, this would be his pose right about now.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0903.jpg

Tip o' both hats to you, my friend, StudeDick from the Ozarks.

Aussie Hawk
06-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I don't think I've ever heard better stories of bad boy days gone by; a life filled with fun & hard work, a few tears & broken hearts, a keen eye for a savable Studebaker or pocket watch and an innate ability to get anywhere for a SDC gathering. Each meet with him delivers a better tale than the last. I wish I had a dollar for every time he uttered "If I was 50 years younger..." last week.
If James Dean had stayed alive, this would be his pose right about now.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0903.jpg

Tip o' both hats to you, my friend, StudeDick from the Ozarks.

I too had a couple of conversations with Dick, and enjoyed every minute. Dick you're a scholar and a gentleman, (and there aren't many of us left) :-)

bams50
06-10-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm in on that! Not many cooler guys out there! Glad to know you Dick!:cool:

stude53
06-10-2010, 07:03 AM
A note from a former "roomie", complete with earplugs.

Studedick, you sure can snore!. Seriously, Dick, I'm glad to see you are still making the meets and making new friends. Hope to see you at the 2012 meet.

Regards,
Bob Feaganes

2R5
06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Dave , you made my day !
Dick ....nice pose , hope we see each other next year

Pat Dilling
06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Yup, cool indeed. Was a great pleasure to meet you. The man was everywhere in Glendale. No wonder he snores, must be exhausted by the end of the day!

Johnnywiffer
06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
When he came to my table, he told me to call him "Skinny". I have not idea why.

John

railway
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes Dick is alright. There were three young men at the meet and Dick knew them when they were about John and Tracy kids age. One of them is in the white T-shirt showing the inside of the the car he had just finished building. Thanks Dick for being you

candbstudebakers
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes Dick is one a kind and I am glad to know him, if every member was like Dick then the club would be better, its good now but with Dick it is pleasure to go to meets and see his smiling face, thanks Dick for being my friend...Bob

Alan
06-10-2010, 04:38 PM
That pic. must of been taken seconds before we started out B.S. session. It was nice Dick.

Dick Clemens
06-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I want all you people to know how much I appreciate these comments. I really enjoy the meets because of all of you being there and making me feel the love that comes from this spectaculer group of Stude lovers. I am very proud to be associated with all of you. Hope to see you all in Springfield next year. THANK YOU ALL.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Anne F. Goodman
06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow I too had the pleasure of meeting Dick. After Bobby's accident Dick called me to check on us. It was fantastic to finally meet you in person. Thank you for your kindness. It was a real Pleasure to meet you.

41 Frank
06-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Good to see you again Dick,we'l do it again next year!!!