Caso????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caso????

I've been waiting for the light to go on, but I still don't know what that is. Would someone please fill me in.
    I have a feeling I'm going to feel pretty silly when I get the answer.

thanks

Cheap AXX Studebaker Owner
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Look it up in your Funk&Wagnall and you'll see a picture of me.<G> Cheap-Ass-Studebaker-Owner
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

How about that I am one and didn't even know it.

thanks

Comment

God News!

I was talking to a big vendor. When I discussed CASOs with him, he advised that CAXOs are just as common as CASOs and that we are just being self conscious.

We should stop beating ourselves up.

Comment

My Caso briefcase(Redwing boot box), that I took to the board meeting, handle broke. ( I only buy Redwings every 4 years) Need to find something else for a briefcase.

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
              God News!

I was talking to a big vendor. When I discussed CASOs with him, he advised that CAXOs are just as common as CASOs and that we are just being self conscious.

We should stop beating ourselves up.
              On the other hand...there is some of us that wear the title as a badge of honor. In that case we are not beating ourselves up but gleefully wallowing in our status.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There is cheap, and there is frugal. Studebaker owners are frugal. Cheap is when you adapt something completely wrong and just plain wrong. Hate to generalize, but it is something often seen south of the Mason Dixon line in the US, at least on UTube. Coffee cans exhausts on Hyundai Accents (with automatics!), now that is cheap. Frugal is when you make the same part last for many many years, a la Studebaker. Mind you, it might have been well designed way back when. Forget the Maxwell, Jack Benny should have owned a Studebaker.

I have been reading the amazing sagas told by Otis Romine in TW. The fact that Studebakers are/were too narrow, all to save a few pennies per car on set up costs, way back when...that is just cheap. That they used the same design forever is frugal. That the Dodge truck boxes came about at all because up a less than handsomely paid employee doing it all on his own, sometimes after hours, without recognition or huge bonuses, well that is super-frugal. Real CASO!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
                  Hate to generalize, but it is something often seen south of the Mason Dixon line in the US, at least on UTube.
                  Jim just made it on my list.
                  It grows every day.
                  No <G>
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Why be concerned with using the word "ass"..........after all the current resident living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue had no compulsion in his use of the term kick some 'ass'.

What a classless society we all have descended to:-(

Comment

I give the term two meanings. The one listed above, and "Cheap And Studebaker obsessed"
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Wow all this time I thought it was "Cool another Studebaker owner".

Comment

I don't like the term CASO, but some seem to think it's cute. I think it has to do with how you were taught.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                          X