100 yrs Studebaker Canada and Fleetwood Country Cruiz in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 yrs Studebaker Canada and Fleetwood Country Cruiz in

This show was held in London ON., this past weekend, and was great. Studes were the featured marque at the show this year, and there must have been a couple of dozen. Not a lot compared to all the Fords Chevs and Mopars,there, but more in one place than i've seen. The gold 53 and the blue coupe featured in this months turning wheels were there and both looked great. To me the star Stude attraction was the modified 37 Coupe Express, I'd never seen one in the metal, don't know who's it was but it was gorgeous,better than pictures by far.
    Kudos to the Hamilton club for putting on nice show at such a great venue, I hope to meet some of you folks again, and thanks.

If anyone has some pics please feel free to add them, I managed to lose mine.

There were about 70 Studes there & Steve T. is going to post photo's time permitting

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
      There were about 70 Studes there & Steve T. is going to post photo's time permitting
      Really??? 70 studes, it didn't seem like that many,but the place is huge, I stand corrected,thanks. I look forward to the pics.

Comment

Got the pix onto CD but it's going to be a bit before I have them ready to post...my PC here is ancient and won't even open the files on the CD the way they're formatted.

I counted 48 Studes/Avantis and two Packards at Fleetwood, but could have been off by one or two. There seem to be 52 in the pix on the CD though, so I must have missed a couple when walking round counting. (It would have been easy to guess low, as the Studes were ranged all across the front of the property, not only in front of Mr Plunkett's residence itself, but also on the lawn by the Fleetwood Salon building...from any one spot you wouldn't have seen more than a dozen or so.)

Anyway, that was my first visit to Fleetwood, but I hope it will not be my last: a wonderful show, and Mr Plunkett not only has a spectacular collection but is a most gracious host. He even arranged--I know not how--for the weather to be gorgeous: the opposite of what was predicted for this past Saturday!

Cheers; pix to follow ASAP,

Steve T

Comment

OK, finally got the pix online, herewith a sampling...

In front of Mr Plunkett's impressive house

More Studes down the hill from the Fleetwood Salon building (which imitates a "grand ballroom" 30s-style car show and houses Mr Plunkett's 20s-40s Caddys, including several V16s)

37 Coupe Express rod, the earliest Stude present

One of two 40 Champion rods. This "Hoodless Horseman" look is becoming more common among rods; I must admit it is not my cup of tea!

46 Champion Skyway rod

50 Champion 2dr sedan

50 Starlight

51 Commander droptop

52 Starlight

Interesting 52 convertible rod

58 Commander 4dr

More to follow...Larks next, then Hawks, etc...

S.

Comment

Larks next...

Betty the 62 Deluxe visits Mr Plunkett's place...probably the classiest surroundings she's been in since new!

62 Daytona HT rod sports new Skytop

63 Lark Regal in front of the SDC Stude Canada centennial banner

63 Daytona Wagonaire

64 Commander 2dr

65 Commander Wagonaire

65 Commander 4dr

66 Cruiser (one of two present; there was also a 66 Commander 4dr)

Bourke Coupes/Hawk series next...

S.
            Last edited by Steve T; 06-12-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

"Loewys" and Hawks...

53 C-body rod

54 "Goldenrod" (as seen recently in TW)

55 Prez HT

Rare bird: 58 Silver Hawk SIX. Not many of these were made and very few survive

59 Silver Hawk

62 Gran Turismo

63 GT

64 GT

Another 64 GT (R2-4-me's car...nice to see it on the scene again Allen!)

Avantis and trucks next...

S.

Comment

Avantis, trucks, Packards etc...

63 Avanti

64 Avanti

Avanti II

80s Avanti

49 2R pickup rod...pretty wild

55 E7 pickup

Packard Caribbean droptop

56 Clipper Constellation

SDC's tent, with my model-car display at the front (I could've sold most of them if I'd wanted to!)...

A tiny taste of the non-Stude attendance

Quite the show; tip of the hat to Mr Plunkett and crew, hope to be back in 2011!

Cheers all

S.

Comment

Great pix! Thanks for posting.
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The Fleetwood Cruize In On You Tube

See this link on you tube for videos of the day. All in all it was pretty impressive.

One there posted by Dweeby Geek part 1 has some neat pictures of the Studebakers and Avantis...

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                    studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Great pictures. Looks like that would have been a great show to attend.
                      Thank you for posting.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pics, I was there , and there's still a couple of cars in your pics i hadn't seen, that place is great.

Comment

Working...
                        X