PDA

View Full Version : any interest in trailer made from pickup?

Commander Mac
06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
If I mess this up, I apologize in advance. An SDC member in the Hudson Valley recommended I join and post my wish to sell a trailer made from a mid-50's Studebaker pickup. I need to dig out the papers to post details, which I'll do soon. In the meantime, it's in Poughkeepsie, NY and it's roadworthy. Any early interest? Thanks!

wolfie
06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Is it long wheel base or short? Thanks, Steve

StudeRich
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Wolfie means, in other words: is it a 6 1/2 Ft. bed or a 8 foot bed?

studegary
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
As some may have guessed, I am "the SDC member in the Hudson Valley" that suggested that he post the trailer for sale here.

I do not know any more about it. I suggest contacting him directly as he may not check back on the Forum.

If someone is seriously interested after discussing it with the seller, I could go look at it.

One Studebaker pickup body trailer that I am aware of in this area was made from a 1957 (short bed, IIRC). It came from a friend's truck that he purchased new. That pickup was a V8, AT, radio, etc. This may or may not be the same trailer.

Commander Mac
06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes, it was Gary L. that referred me, though I wasn't sure I should drop names. It is a 6 1/2 ft. bed. For those interested, I'm hoping to have pics tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I am reluctant to describe things because I don't know the correct terminology for description of vehicle condition. I do not want to mislead... (in either direction) Thanks, Greg