Anyone want a 1963 Cruiser ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a 1963 Cruiser ?

I bought this Cruiser assuming it was only good for parts, it had been setting in a field in Illinois since the early '80's, to make a long story short the car only has 48,000 miles. It took very little to get the car running, it has very good compression (135-140lbs) the suspension/springs seem to be in great shape, the frame is solid and the car is loaded with options. It has factory A/C, tinted windows, reclining seats, OD, Hill Holder, Disk Brakes...so, I'm reluctant to part it out. It wouldn't take alot to have a reliable beater if someone wants it...otherwise I'm gonna shoot it. The pictures show all the worst parts of the car, feel free to make any comments. Here's some links to the pics.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Joe
    irishnra@cox.net
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Originally posted by irish View Post
    I bought this Cruiser assuming it was only good for parts, it had been setting in a field in Illinois since the early '80's, to make a long story short the car only has 48,000 miles. It took very little to get the car running, it has very good compression (135-140lbs) the suspension/springs seem to be in great shape, the frame is solid and the car is loaded with options. It has factory A/C, tinted windows, reclining seats, OD, Hill Holder, Disk Brakes...so, I'm reluctant to part it out. It wouldn't take alot to have a reliable beater if someone wants it...otherwise I'm gonna shoot it. The pictures show all the worst parts of the car, feel free to make any comments. Here's some links to the pics.

Joe
    irishnra@cox.net
    Probably not worth saving strictly from a monetary angle. It's worth maybe 3K in parts, but sadly won't bring that as a project car. It all depends on how big a hit you and a new owner are willing to take to save her. Just being honest, in a perfect world, someone will save her.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Can we assume it's an 8? And if so, 259 or 289?

I'd love to give 'er a home. But it's in OK?

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post

It has it's original 289. Yes it's in OK, near Tulsa..but if you want to save the car the price is low.
        sigpic

1962 Daytona
        1964 Cruiser
        And a few others

Comment

I enjoy all Studes but am particular to Larks- especially Cruisers! Unfortunately it's about $1K-$1200 in shipping away from me

Comment

Originally posted by hotwheels63r2
            there it is
            Mike, your avatar picture looks a lot like mine! NT
            Neil Thornton

Comment

PM sent. Steve
              sigpic

Comment

All '63 Cruisers came with a 289.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I knew that Chip, but after all these years ANYTHING could have been in there. I saw a 63 Cruiser with a Chevy 6 once; so I take nuttin' fer granted anymore<G>

Comment

I knew that Chip, but after all these years ANYTHING could have been in there. I saw a 63 Cruiser with a Chevy 6 once; so I take nuttin' fer granted anymore<G>
                    True enough! I remember the first time I saw a GT Hawk with a six in it. I didn't know they built them that way for export.
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Do I want it? HECK YEAH!! I LOVE Cruisers! CAN I get it? Sadly no... No money, honey.

EDIT:

Well, after waiding through the cold molassis speed of my dial-up connection through your kindly supplied album, I'd plead for keeping the Lady intact. If the floors are good, she's in better condition than my Bess. Heck, she's in better condition than any of my cars (LOL)!

What a wonderful find! My sincere congratulations!
                      Last edited by studeclunker; 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM. Reason: enhancement
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Bob A. Did you ever pick up the free 1963 Cruiser that I passed on in NYS?
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Irish, just to make this even more interesting, how about setting a price on the car?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            Bob A. Did you ever pick up the free 1963 Cruiser that I passed on in NYS?

No! I had contacted the owner last Fall but couldn't get there before snow came, and the tow dolly parks for Winter. I told him I would be glad to get it once the snow melted, and he was fine with that. However I somehow lost the e-mail with his info. I e-mailed you about March hoping you still had it but never heard back, so I assumed it must have been gone.

If you'd happen to have his info I'd go to get it immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                              Irish, just to make this even more interesting, how about setting a price on the car?
                              I'd like a $1000 for the car.
                              sigpic

1962 Daytona
                              1964 Cruiser
                              And a few others

Comment

Working...
                              X