Stude Lark damaged in tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Lark damaged in tornado

Late Saturday night an f3 or 4 tornado waltzed thru the small town of Millbury, Ohio, a few miles south-east of Toledo, leaving in it's wake (among many other things) a damaged (about) 63 Lark 4 door. The SDC Registry lists Tony Wagner as living in Millbury, and that he owns three various Hawks. Perhaps he also owns a slightly wind blown Lark.

Picture of the lark was shown on Columbus (Ohio) TV, looked to have some front fender damage, mentioned that it survived with little damage.

It was lucky, there were at least two homes stripped down to the first floor surface, carpet and all gone.

Every time there is a flood, tornado or fire after thinking about the people I wonder about the Studebakers that might have been there.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

We had a similiar situation here. A tornado touched down a half mile south of my house, no damage thankfully, and headed south east towards the town of Elmwood IL. One of my neighbors who was less fortunate had severe damage at their place. Parked in a garage was a nice 1934 Pontiac. The garage was comepletly blown away, but the old Pontiac only suffered a dented fender and a broken windshield. Parked next to the car was a 1937 John Deere A, that had absolutely no damage. What is amazing, is that the entire farmstead was nearly leveled, and the doors to this garage were blown nearly a half mile. My advice, if you see a tornado coming, take cover.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

You always see the news reports and sometimes you'll catch an antique something or another in the video damaged or destroyed and think theres another one lost but in reality it can be replaced LIVES cannot.

Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Amen. Things can be replaced. People cannot. Luckily in our situation no one was seriosly injured or lost.
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Tornado did this to my buddies 57 poncho. Winds dropped a tree on the garage, then dropped the garage on the car.

Its just metal it can be fixed, people on the other hand are sometimes not so eay to fix.

http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

I watched the video come in on the satellite feed at my TV station the day after the storm. I saw what looked like a tan '61 four door sedan with a dented front fender. It was obscured by other debris, so I'm not really sure, but the rear window area and trim looked like a '61. I couldn't find it on our website, sorry, but here is a link to the other pictures. Many lucky folks to be alive. Click on "photos" and "large picture" to avoid the commercials:

Comment

The 54 Starliner i have is a tornado survivor, got it in Morris Ok several years ago, the back glass was gone and all the side chrome was blown away. Also has a dent in the top of the right front fender. Took about half the garage out car survived pretty good.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

those storms blew right through here on their way to Millbury. a small tornado touched down in town and damaged a church. that was about 5 miles from me. we had nothing but rain - and not real heavy at that.

--george
                  1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
                  X