Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glendale

Had a great time in Glendale , what a hotel !
    Nice cars , great people and what weather ....think I want to move there <g>
    It was great to see some of you again and like always look forward to the next time ....the local chapter done a wonderful job with the meet and should be commended.
    Last but not least , thanks Dave for bringing those parts , I got them through security at the airport but the 2 girls that scanned them sure looked at them strange , figured for sure I was going to get checked more but they let them go .....this will give me something to do this week <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

That's great, Bob. See you in Chillicothe for the zone meet. I quickly found out what a cloud looked like when I returned...after a week of pure sunshine. We had fatal tornadoes hit near here first thing in the morning, Sunday. The tornado sirens went off, but passed over us here, thankfully. Phoenix retirement sounds like a plan!

Comment

Still in the valley. It was 107 yesterday. Leaving this morning as the forcast is 110 today. Heading north for Brice Canyon in Utah. Jim

Comment

I heard that Dave , we got a lot of rain here by the look of it .
        Jim , enjoy ....wish I was with ya !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

We are still in the valley too and will head home tomorrow to Nebraska, also the land of thunderstorms and tornadoes. It was nice seeing all you guys again and Dave A. you should hear from me by the end of the week on that part you need.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

It was great to meet you and your wife Bob, hopefully we'll get to do it again before too long!
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

I'm still in the valley too, heading out in the morning. Had to replace my front Coker tires due to ply separation :-( . So the car will look a little weird driving home with skinny whites on the front and wides on the back. But they will get me home till I can order some Diamondbacks for the front to match the rear ones. It's been a great visit with Studebakers and family, even with the heat.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Sorry to hear you had Tire trouble Pat, I guess we can thank our modern RADIAL Tires for that, ply separation is very common, never happened with good old dependable Bias Plys, and they did not go bad and have to be replaced every 3-4 years either.

I have many 30 and 40 year old ones still holding parts cars up with no problem.
                Of course cracking and dried out rubber prevents those from being driven on, but they still hold air.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ahhh, arrived back in Canada...eventually..."courtesy" Delta. Arrived Halifax NS via Detroit @ about 10:45 PM, then luggage carrousel, Customs etc, exit the parking lot, grab a coffee at Timmy Ho's drive through, and then a 3 hour drive to PEI in a chilly monsoon (12-13 C or about 52-54F, and more rain than Glendale gets in a century, likely.) Arrived home at 2:30 AM. Still unpacking....The meet hotel was pretty darn good, but as a CASO in good standing, the Hampton Inn next door was even better @ $58/night including full breakfast! I'm not sure how that deal ever got green-lighted, but I'm not complaining. Especially after the Renaissance was only offering me $163 (!!) a night when I phoned in March the same day. I know, it was an error, and they later corrected it, but still..

Our flight delay at Detroit...of a few hours, well, we had to wait for a flight crew first officer (first available) who was coming in from Dallas, who actually had more than 100 hours in the type of jet (Bombardier CRJ--fantastic small jet, by the way) so that the flight could legally take off. The one booked to be 2IC didn't have enough hours....ooops! Although why they loaded us on, and then *immediately* deplaned us, is a poser <g>. I imagine the cockpit conversation between the pilot and the 1st would have been interesting ,<ggg> "Ever seen one of these planes before? Can't say as I have...what is that button for?" Could have been worse...Delta teased other passengers as well. A couple trying to fly to Cleveland from Florida had been on the go for over 18 hours, and at Detroit alone, Delta had changed the departure gate/ and/or plane FOUR times on the same flight. I know, takes really determination to spend nearly 24 hours in all wanting to go to Cleveland at the best of times, BTDT. <GGGG> Especially with Modern Airline Math ie, one suitcase @ $25, and two for $60.

Lovely meet, great people, and my ($3 parking lot Studevendor special) straw hat doffed many times to people who actually DROVE their cars there, especially without A/C. Next year in MO, I WILL drive.

Comment

Pat, You made a great "Wagon Master". Thanks for organizing the carravan. Have a safe trip home.
                    Lou Van Anne
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim B PEI;463313] I know, takes really determination to spend nearly 24 hours in all wanting to go to Cleveland at the best of times, BTDT. <GGGG>

Should have bought a connection to NYC and tried that out on Letterman! 12-13C and a monsoon...sounds like nirvana! <G>

Comment

Working...
                      X