• Show
Clear All

• appraised for 125,000.00 ?

who did the appraisal ?

nice enough car but ---
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

LOL! Sounds like an affable sort. I'm sure he'll be glad properly document that appraisal <G>

Comment

So...just where is the car? South Bend? India (or perhaps Nigeria?)
      For a few dollars less than he is asking...I will give you an opportunity to dig up the three, just like it, buried somewhere on my property.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Very rare and nice condition car, I would think it could be had for only $75,000.00
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What kind of money, Mexican pesos?
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Well you can have your chance to express your opinion of it's value on the open market by bidding on it. It's on eBay right now and at far less than appraisal !!!

Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 06-06-2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: edit link
            \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              So...just where is the car? South Bend? India (or perhaps Nigeria?)
              For a few dollars less than he is asking...I will give you an opportunity to dig up the three, just like it, buried somewhere on my property.
              Ok, people say I'm really dense at times, but do you really got 3 on your property? (Or under it I should say?)
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                Ok, people say I'm really dense at times, but do you really got 3 on your property? (Or under it I should say?)
                Sometimes "youth" excuses "dense", so if you want to come dig for the cars...no charge for you. Just don't tell anyone else!
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That's a coincidence! I've got one buried in my backyard in a protective case. Yours free if you want to come dig it up. One thing- it's pretty deep, for safety's sake. I'm not sure the EXACT location, but I'll point out the rough boundaries- it's right beneath where I want to put the inground pool. Come dig around some and if you don't hit it right off I'll guide you. Bring a wheelbarrow.

Comment

Hahaha! Dang! 'Cause if you DID have a '35-40 buried (Or any other stude buried in a protective case...) I'd actually come get them, maybe.... LOL!
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Seller spends so much time in his write up defending the car rather than talking about the car. Wonder what the interior, trunk and engine look like. Would be interested in hearing Richard Quinns input on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                        Seller spends so much time in his write up defending the car
                        AND what his attitude is and will be if anyone tries to buy it. Looks like a sweet car trapped in an impossible situation

Comment

I am an ASE master craftsman with over 30 years experience in restorations, fabrications, customization. My word is my bond. I know what it takes to bring her back to OEM 1 Status. This car is so easy to restore, i hate to let her go.
                          needs a fuel pump
                          Just asking, why a guy with that much talent and experience wouldn't just replace the fuel pump?

thnx, jack vines
                          PackardV8

Comment

I keep reading "Dictater" and all I can think of is potatoes.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

"During our ownership we have maintained her and babied her. She has been well loved and respected."
                              Maybe its just me but If your car is appraised at $125,000.00 maybe you should wash the car every now and then!?

Comment

Working...
                              X