Electronic ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic ignition

Anyone know if there is an electronic ignition setup for a Stude v8?

Yes, a Pertronix kit is what you want. Contact Dave Thiebault or Fairborn Studebaker, or one of our other vendors, here:

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

I didn't see Dave T's info, but somebody else here will add it.

Comment

Save your pennies and do this, it's what I've done to almost all my points vehicles: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=352124

Comment

Not being contrarian or anything, but this conversion begs me to ask this question....
        It says in the article/instructions that the point gap is irrelevant.
        But the point gap affects the timing, does it not?
        And this conversion, while eliminating point contact wear, does nothing to eliminate point rubbing block wear.
        Other than that, it looks like a pretty neat conversion....
        But....(There's always a 'but')
        I can see a CASO doing this swap and watching his rubbling block rub to a nub and then have a no start situation.
        Since it will take eleventeen years for that to happen, he will have forgotten everything he knows
        about basic automotive maintenance, and will be just a skeleton leaning over his fender on the
        side of the road...No... In his garage...found four months after 'Drive Your Studebaker Day'
        Jeff

Originally posted by Turbopackman View Post
        Save your pennies and do this, it's what I've done to almost all my points vehicles: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=352124
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Welcome to the SDC forum, crusadex. Can't help but notice you've posted several questions without doing a search first. This is the most helpful forum in the Stude universe. However, each of your questions has been previously covered many times. Suggest making the effort to read all the previous material, then ask what hasn't been covered previously.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Thanks Bam.
            I will check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              Not being contrarian or anything, but this conversion begs me to ask this question....
              It says in the article/instructions that the point gap is irrelevant.
              But the point gap affects the timing, does it not?
              And this conversion, while eliminating point contact wear, does nothing to eliminate point rubbing block wear.
              Other than that, it looks like a pretty neat conversion....
              But....(There's always a 'but')
              I can see a CASO doing this swap and watching his rubbling block rub to a nub and then have a no start situation.
              Since it will take eleventeen years for that to happen, he will have forgotten everything he knows
              about basic automotive maintenance, and will be just a skeleton leaning over his fender on the
              side of the road...No... In his garage...found four months after 'Drive Your Studebaker Day'
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X