PDA

View Full Version : Close to barn car

MCCAB1
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
A friend stopped by while I was working on my 63 Avanti and said he had a old Studebaker car out at his place. I went to look at it this evening. I think it is a 47-49 Champion Starlight 2 door coupe. Very complete minus the front spindles. I couldn't get the doors open but I took some pictures of everything I could. I only saw one piece of chrome missing. The left vertical one on the three piece rear window. The firewall tag read. 6G-3C and below 3029. As far as I could tell he was wanting to sell it. I only saw two places of rust right behind the front fenders and that wasn't much!! I need to figure out how to attach pictures.

studeclunker
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
In the advanced reply screen there should be two rows of icons above your edit box (where you type). on the lower row there should be a 1/4" square framed picture of a tree, sixth from the right. Click on that. A grey and black dialog box with time clock will appear for a moment whilst it loads. Then the load a picture dialog box will show. there are two tabs. One is 'load from Computer', that is to say, to upload direct from your computer. The other is 'load from URL'. This would be to load from something like Photobucket or Picasa. If you need more instruction, there should be a sticky on the forum threads list.

Another way is to upload them to a Photobucket or similar picture hosting site and post a link.

kurtruk
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
That would be a '47 Champion 5 passenger coupe. Later called Starlight. Deluxe trim level. And by the way--that's a 4-piece rear window. Just three bars separating them.