Hood pin adustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood pin adustment

Trying to figure out how anyone tightens the front hood pin to the hood once you have the proper adjustment. My 56 wagon hood pin is driving me crazy. After hours of adjustment to have it close an lock and fit I can't seem to be able to tighten the nut on the top of the spring to the hood. The spring is so tight there is no way of getting a wench on it. I'm thinking there may be a second nut suppose to be on there . Can anyone help. I can get it to proper adjustment but when I try to toghten with a wrench, forget it and if I take a screw drive and turn from the bottom, no way to stop the nut from backing down. Thanks. Also sure is weak design on that big hood as far as flexability. LOL

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

I have put a needle nose small vise grip on the post and collapsed the spring them clamped it. That way you can keep the spring out of the way to tighten the nut. Would imagine on this hood there is a second nut above or a part of the bracket in on the hood. Good Luck! Ed

Comment

Working...
    X