1951 champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 champion

Is the roof length of the business coupe and the starlight and the 2 door coupe the same?
    Thanks,
    Don

Don Colliau

quote:Originally posted by dcolliau

Is the roof length of the business coupe and the starlight and the 2 door coupe the same?
    Thanks,
    Don

Don Colliau
    Nope.

Business coupe has a very short roof, and a very long deck lid.
    Starlight Coupe has a moderately long roof, and the distinctive multi-piece wrap-around rear window.

Two-door coupe? Well, all coupes have 2 doors, leastwise in the time frame that includes Studebakers. A coupe is generally considered to be a 2-door car which has a "B" pillar to its roof, and which is "close-coupled" compared to a sedan in the same line. Sorry, but I can't describe it better than that. I know 'em when I see 'em.

The 2-door sedan (F body) may be what you allude to. It has a slightly longer roof than the Starlight coupe, and it has a curved one-piece rear window. I doubt the roof panels would interchange amongst any of those styles.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dcolliau

Thanks,
      Don

Don Colliau
      Nope.

Business coupe has a very short roof, and a very long deck lid.
      Starlight Coupe has a moderately long roof, and the distinctive multi-piece wrap-around rear window.

Two-door coupe? Well, all coupes have 2 doors, leastwise in the time frame that includes Studebakers. A coupe is generally considered to be a 2-door car which has a "B" pillar to its roof, and which is "close-coupled" compared to a sedan in the same line. Sorry, but I can't describe it better than that. I know 'em when I see 'em.

The 2-door sedan (F body) may be what you allude to. It has a slightly longer roof than the Starlight coupe, and it has a curved one-piece rear window. I doubt the roof panels would interchange amongst any of those styles.

Comment

The yellow one is a 2 door sedan 51 10G-F5

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

The yellow one is a 2 door sedan 51 10G-F5

Comment

The reason I asked is because of a headliner delema. I think we have it resolved now. I have a new headliner with 4 listing pockets. My Starlight has 5 bows. No one asked about the bow count when I ordered this. Supposedly the manufacturer and I are on the same page now. I hope. Thanks for the reply.
            Don

Don Colliau

Comment

The reason I asked is because of a headliner delema. I think we have it resolved now. I have a new headliner with 4 listing pockets. My Starlight has 5 bows. No one asked about the bow count when I ordered this. Supposedly the manufacturer and I are on the same page now. I hope. Thanks for the reply.
              Don

Don Colliau

Comment

That yellow '51 2-door would look mighty nice in my garage. Good looking car. Of course the convertible next to it is no slouch either.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That yellow '51 2-door would look mighty nice in my garage. Good looking car. Of course the convertible next to it is no slouch either.
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Rog

I have been driving that 51 Oct. 1984 and the 59 Commander Convertible. The guy that owned it has passed away about a year ago. His son has been letting it stay outside. It wont last long in the elements.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Rog

I have been driving that 51 Oct. 1984 and the 59 Commander Convertible. The guy that owned it has passed away about a year ago. His son has been letting it stay outside. It wont last long in the elements.

Comment

Working...
                          X