Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new

hi all,
    new to the stude world...when i was growing up my dad had a 62 silver hawk...i found an original but way rough 53 truck and plan on purchasing it from the 2nd owner..its rough but i look forward to learning about the stude...ive always been a mopar guy but nothing says i cant use a mopar engine..look forward to meeting everyone

Hi and welcome; glad to hear you are getting a Stude. truck, you will get great enjoyment out of becoming a member of SDC if you have not yet. Our monthly newsletter Turning Wheels has became quite a Magazine, just gets better every month! A 340, 383 what have you would fit real nicely into a R series '49-'53 pickup.

Just for your info, your Dads Hawk must have been a '57-'59 if it was called a Silver Hawk. Or if it really was a '62 Hawk, it would be a Gran Turismo Hawk (or GT as we call them) with the squared off rear roof line like a '58-'60 T Bird.

Glad to have you with us! [^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi and welcome; glad to hear you are getting a Stude. truck, you will get great enjoyment out of becoming a member of SDC if you have not yet. Our monthly newsletter Turning Wheels has became quite a Magazine, just gets better every month! A 340, 383 what have you would fit real nicely into a R series '49-'53 pickup.

Just for your info, your Dads Hawk must have been a '57-'59 if it was called a Silver Hawk. Or if it really was a '62 Hawk, it would be a Gran Turismo Hawk (or GT as we call them) with the squared off rear roof line like a '58-'60 T Bird.

Glad to have you with us! [^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Welcome to the club. Check this out that was posted on a different thread.

Someone also posted a picture of a Studebaker truck with a Mopar engine, but I can't seem to find the thread it was on. Maybe someone can help me.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Welcome to the club. Check this out that was posted on a different thread.

Someone also posted a picture of a Studebaker truck with a Mopar engine, but I can't seem to find the thread it was on. Maybe someone can help me.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, you will find a wealth of knowlege here just for the asking. Elbow grease is slightly higher.

Randy_G
            South Bend or Bust 2007!
            God I miss chrome on cars.
            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, you will find a wealth of knowlege here just for the asking. Elbow grease is slightly higher.

Randy_G
              South Bend or Bust 2007!
              God I miss chrome on cars.
              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

I think it was in the "wheres Matthew" topic

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I think it was in the "wheres Matthew" topic

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Welcome. Those are good looking trucks, get her on the road. I am "slanted" towards mopars too, if you know what I mean.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                    Ross.
                    Riverside, Ca.
                    1957 Provincial X2
                    1958 Transtar
                    sigpic
                    Ross.
                    Riverside, Ca.
                    1957 Provincial X2
                    1958 Transtar

Comment

Welcome. Those are good looking trucks, get her on the road. I am "slanted" towards mopars too, if you know what I mean.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                      Ross.
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      1957 Provincial X2
                      1958 Transtar
                      sigpic
                      Ross.
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      1957 Provincial X2
                      1958 Transtar

Comment

Hey ISTUDE you mean this one. It's our sunday go to meeting truck.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Hey ISTUDE you mean this one. It's our sunday go to meeting truck.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! Great picture!

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! Great picture!

Comment

Working...
                              X