PDA

View Full Version : 40 Coupe

JunkYarDog
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Had a friend call me today and told me he has friends of the family that have a 40 Studie coupe. 100% original and has been stored in doors all its life. It was parked after hearing a rod making noise on a 300 mile old rebuilt motor.

It's suppose to be rust free which is pretty much unheard of here in the Pacific North West.

He was asking me work a fair market price would be for it. I personally have seen a very large range of pricing. I'm thinking low bid 2 to 3 grand and 7 to 9 for high. This car hasn't moved out from where its stored for something like 30 years but is suppose to be in good shape. It just so happens I have a motor for it sitting in my garage.

Considering it'll need the motor repaired, Brakes and redoubtably seals on everything what would be a good price ???

Lothar
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Which model 1940 Studebaker would it be? Champion, Commander or President? Were there President 2 Door sedans? There's also the whole coupe vs. 2 door sedan question? More info is needed to even make a guess.

Chris_Dresbach
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, mine is a Champion two door and I paid $1,600 for it. It also has a rust issue. If it's in good condition with no rust, I think that $3,000 would be more than a fare price if it has a bad motor. I would like to see some pics of this car. :)

Don Kelstrom
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi, I'm in Seattle and can probably give you an independent opinion as to price--especially if you have a picture. I have several pre-war Studebakers including a 1941 Commander Coupe Sedan and don't need another car. You can e-mail me at dkelstrom@juno.com if you want some help coming up with a fair price.

JunkYarDog
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I hopefully will be able to see it in a few weeks from now, The deal is between close family friends so I doubt if anyone will be seeing it on line for sale, If I get a chance I plain on taking pictures and will post them when I get to see it hopefully sometime in the near future. It sounds like its a closed deal the only problem was figuring out on what was a fair price.