PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Gears and Motor Show, Sunday June 13th in Milaca, MN

Milaca
05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Car show & craft sale June 13
The 4th annual Wheels Gears and Motor Show/Arts and Craft Sale will be held Sunday, June 13 at Rec Park in Milaca.

There will also be free music.

The Milaca Area Chamber of Commerce announced it will have “DC Express” on stage for entertainment.

Now in its 29th year of entertaining with music from the 1950s, 60s and 70s, “DC Express” will entertain young and old alike with its show.

The Wheels Gear and Motor Sports Show will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Participants should register their vehicle between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.

The “Made in Milaca” arts and craft show will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Participants should bring their own display/set up for the event.

The Milaca Chamber is seeking crafters and artists wishing to show and/or sell.

Craft fair booth and vehicle entry fees are $5 each.

Any self-propelled machine is welcome to this show. You can bet that at least one Studebaker will be there! If anyone wants directions to the show, just let me know. For anyone that comes, they are welcome to come to my home after the show and see my collection of rusty Studebakers and other rusty orphan machines. :)
More information here: http://www.cityofmilaca.org/vertical/Sites/%7B75E1DAA5-A8DB-4EFB-942F-F1E65534FC03%7D/uploads/%7B396E8F29-863F-40A6-BA1B-D23C0802B440%7D.PDF
To get there, drive north or south on Central Avenue until you come to 2nd Street NW, and turn and head west and the street will end in the park where the show is.

Skinnys Garage
06-01-2010, 04:33 PM
We'll see what the weathers like, the wife and I just might make it over to check it out and say hi. Might run over to the Back to the Fifties later that week on Friday also. I should just stay home and work on Studebakers, but we need to get out once in a while.

Milaca
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Good news, the $5 entry fees collected from the participants will be awarded to the winning participants at the show.

Milaca
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Forecast calls for 69 F and partly cloudy in the park next to the Rum River in Milaca this Sunday for the show. If you got a Studebaker, or any old vehicle for that matter and are looking for something to do, bring it to Milaca and show it off. There will also be music and a nearby arts & crafts show. :)

58PackardWagon
06-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I think you are far enough north to miss the rain. Should be a good time. Sorry unable to attend. Getting the 58 Packard ready for the following weekend in St Paul at back to the 50's.

Milaca
06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Last reminder for this event on Sunday and an updated weather forecast: Sunday: More clouds than sun. High 71F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Think of it as a warm-up or trial-run for the huge 'Back to the Fifties' event in St. Paul coming up next weekend! :)

Skinnys Garage
06-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I guess it just won't work out this weekend Brent. We've added a few things to the list for next weekend and I need to finish up some things here before then. If we weren't going to the cities next Friday I'd be there, but one 400+ mile round trip for the week is all we can fit in. Hope you have a good turnout, I still plan on making it over there later this summer.