64 Wagonaire parts questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Wagonaire parts questions

Finally got the 64 Wagonaire running today after a long winters sleep.. All it took was a new set of points and condenser..
    Now that that is done, I want to get it on the road..
    First off, I finally found a good windshield to replace the cracked one.. Now I need to replace the windshield seal/weatherstrip..
    Anyone have any suggestions on who to purchase it from?

Also, this car is the sliding roof model and the headliner is missing in spots and whats left needs to be replaced..
    I have not seen anything on replacing it.. I'm sure others have had the same problem..
    Anybody have any suggestions for replacing a headliner in a Wagonaire?

thanks,

George
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    65 Commander 2door
    64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
    63 Champ
    63 GT Hawk
    51 Champion Starlight Coupe
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

these are available from many 'Stude vendors,-Studebaker International,SASCO,Studebaker Northwest,etc.Are you a member of SDC?-if not Join Up!![it might be against the law to own a Studebaker without joining the SDC][8D]

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

these are available from many 'Stude vendors,-Studebaker International,SASCO,Studebaker Northwest,etc.Are you a member of SDC?-if not Join Up!![it might be against the law to own a Studebaker without joining the SDC][8D]

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The rubber can be found at the vendors above. I have not seen the multi-piece Wagon (with a sliding roof) headliner for years and have only seen one that was nos. I saw it at an auction a few years ago and it went for bid bucks. If you are looking to build a driver and not a show car, I suggest hitting the junk yards to find some pieces better than yours. Sasco's # is 800=722=4295 and Studebaker Intl is 317-462-3124. Both have been very good to work with. Best of luck.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
        58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
        58 Packard Hardtop
        58 Packard Sedan
        57 Packard Wagon
        62 Daytona
        63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

The rubber can be found at the vendors above. I have not seen the multi-piece Wagon (with a sliding roof) headliner for years and have only seen one that was nos. I saw it at an auction a few years ago and it went for bid bucks. If you are looking to build a driver and not a show car, I suggest hitting the junk yards to find some pieces better than yours. Sasco's # is 800=722=4295 and Studebaker Intl is 317-462-3124. Both have been very good to work with. Best of luck.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
          58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
          58 Packard Hardtop
          58 Packard Sedan
          57 Packard Wagon
          62 Daytona
          63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

Guys, George has been an SDC member for years. Look at his list of Studes owned!

George, are you getting my E-mails? I've got this Wagonaire trim off for you.

BTW, I don't understand why someone hasn't done headliners for these Wagonaires. AMC used THE EXACT SAME HL material on a bunch of Rambler Americans, so there'd be plenty of market for the stuff - not JUST WAgonaires (although I'd bet they would sell well just for them too!)[] Any decent pieces you luck upon in a donor car are gonna turn to flakes when you try to remove them!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Guys, George has been an SDC member for years. Look at his list of Studes owned!

George, are you getting my E-mails? I've got this Wagonaire trim off for you.

BTW, I don't understand why someone hasn't done headliners for these Wagonaires. AMC used THE EXACT SAME HL material on a bunch of Rambler Americans, so there'd be plenty of market for the stuff - not JUST WAgonaires (although I'd bet they would sell well just for them too!)[] Any decent pieces you luck upon in a donor car are gonna turn to flakes when you try to remove them!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob,
                I haven't received your e-mail..
                I sent you one, hopefully it goes thru..
                thanks,

George
                Grants Pass, Oregon
                65 Commander 2door
                64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
                63 Champ
                63 GT Hawk
                George King
                Grants Pass, Oregon

63 GT Hawk

Comment

Bob,
                  I haven't received your e-mail..
                  I sent you one, hopefully it goes thru..
                  thanks,

George
                  Grants Pass, Oregon
                  65 Commander 2door
                  63 Champ
                  63 GT Hawk
                  George King
                  Grants Pass, Oregon

63 GT Hawk

Comment

George, the slide top, it isn't the brown wagon I sent up to you is it? How did the windshield get cracked? I knew the witch was cracked but the brown was fine, well, a bit pitted... Or is this the moss wagon?

A friend of mine suggested using door skin paneling from Home depot for the headliner in the wagonaire. Neither of mine are worth beans either. In fact, the only Wagonaire I've ever seen with a really good headliner is in the Reno National Car Museum. It's never seen the road.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

George, the slide top, it isn't the brown wagon I sent up to you is it? How did the windshield get cracked? I knew the witch was cracked but the brown was fine, well, a bit pitted... Or is this the moss wagon?

A friend of mine suggested using door skin paneling from Home depot for the headliner in the wagonaire. Neither of mine are worth beans either. In fact, the only Wagonaire I've ever seen with a really good headliner is in the Reno National Car Museum. It's never seen the road.

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Ron Smith

Comment

I tried really, really, REALLY hard to imitate the Wagonaire headliner back when I was doing the 66 I used to own. Wooden door skin material SEEMS like a good candidate and it might actually serve well on the sliding roof panel and the center section, but that front section is gonna give you headaches![xx(] And even with the center section, you're gonna have to devise a way to keep it up securely in the middle. That original stuff came rolled up in a tube. It was the roll that was made into it that served to make the liner keep itself up over time. Then there's the compound curves of the front portion...
                        I think I might be inclined to borrow a couple of bows from a sedan and use them at the front section as well as a partial, cloth headliner.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I tried really, really, REALLY hard to imitate the Wagonaire headliner back when I was doing the 66 I used to own. Wooden door skin material SEEMS like a good candidate and it might actually serve well on the sliding roof panel and the center section, but that front section is gonna give you headaches![xx(] And even with the center section, you're gonna have to devise a way to keep it up securely in the middle. That original stuff came rolled up in a tube. It was the roll that was made into it that served to make the liner keep itself up over time. Then there's the compound curves of the front portion...
                          I think I might be inclined to borrow a couple of bows from a sedan and use them at the front section as well as a partial, cloth headliner.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

You know, most of the new cars have these cardboard headliners. It seems completely rediculous to me that we can't get something for these wagons made. Really, it's not like the technology isn't being used anymore.

Lotsa Larks!
                            Ron Smith
                            Ron Smith

Comment

You know, most of the new cars have these cardboard headliners. It seems completely rediculous to me that we can't get something for these wagons made. Really, it's not like the technology isn't being used anymore.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X