PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for the summer holidays, the red,white, and blue Studebakerita drink

garyash
05-29-2010, 08:48 PM
While seeking shelter from the sun poolside here in Phoenix, I discused the concept of a special Studebaker drink concoction for the International Meet with Antonio the bartender. I told him it needed to incorporate the Studebaker (and all-American) red, white, and blue colors in a layered drink using the local favorite, tequila. Together, we came up with the following recipe:

Pour 1/2 / 1.5 / "who's counting?" ounces of Blue Curacao liquer into the bottom of a glass
Fill almost to the top with thick frozen Margerita
Put a spoonful of red strawberry pulp or syrup on top

http://www.studegarage.com/images/other/glendale/studebakerita_phoenix_052910_GAsh.jpg

Antonio was surprised that after I "taste tested" the first one, he quickly sold 6 more. This one might have legs. It happened here, today, in case it catches on. It could be a Memorial Day and 4th of July hit.

okc63avanti
05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Gary,

Drink one ( or more if you are not driving) for me since I can't be there to enjoy the meet.

2R5
05-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Gary , you should be in fine shape by the time we get there !

HookedonStudies
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Am I reading this correctly Gary, that you drank 6 of these patriotic beverages this afternoon? (if yes, no answer expected until tomorrow afternoon!)

bison
05-30-2010, 12:16 AM
UH Gary don't drink too many more or you might end up with Mike Tyson's tiger in your bathroom.

studeclunker
05-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Looks good to me!:D Have a few for me this weekend, Gary! I do wish things had worked out differently this year.:(