Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just in time for the summer holidays, the red,white, and blue Studebakerita drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in time for the summer holidays, the red,white, and blue Studebakerita drink

While seeking shelter from the sun poolside here in Phoenix, I discused the concept of a special Studebaker drink concoction for the International Meet with Antonio the bartender. I told him it needed to incorporate the Studebaker (and all-American) red, white, and blue colors in a layered drink using the local favorite, tequila. Together, we came up with the following recipe:

Pour 1/2 / 1.5 / "who's counting?" ounces of Blue Curacao liquer into the bottom of a glass
    Fill almost to the top with thick frozen Margerita
    Put a spoonful of red strawberry pulp or syrup on top

Antonio was surprised that after I "taste tested" the first one, he quickly sold 6 more. This one might have legs. It happened here, today, in case it catches on. It could be a Memorial Day and 4th of July hit.
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Gary,

Drink one ( or more if you are not driving) for me since I can't be there to enjoy the meet.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Gary , you should be in fine shape by the time we get there !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Am I reading this correctly Gary, that you drank 6 of these patriotic beverages this afternoon? (if yes, no answer expected until tomorrow afternoon!)

Comment

UH Gary don't drink too many more or you might end up with Mike Tyson's tiger in your bathroom.

Comment

Looks good to me! Have a few for me this weekend, Gary! I do wish things had worked out differently this year.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X