new tires and wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires and wheels

I am going to bite the bullet and buy new radial tires and wheels for my 51 champ seeing that my tires are now18 years old, they still look great but it's that peace of mind thing.
    I am going with a Diamondback w.w. 205:70:15 tire. Seeing that my wheels are 60 years old it makes sense for me to go whole hog and spring for new steel rims as well. I can not seem to find the right model # for the wheels I need . Would any one out there have that model # handy and a good vender would also be welcome. thanks, Ron

Ron, Bob Helm advertises in Turning Wheels. He has new wheels that should work for you. He comes highly recommended. That's a good place to start. I'm not sure what your '51 might have differently in regard to a crossover part number for a rim, but once you get the correct answer to that and if you don't want to deal with shipping costs from Texas, call Blackburn's Wheels and Hubcaps in Macedonia. They have a big warehouse with stock wheels, aftermarket stuff and many hubcaps for all marques.

You can see them from I-271 but you have to exit on Rt. 82, Their access road is the first road east and runs north of Rt. 82 and parallel with I-271. Call first. I'd take the turnpike straight there from Strongsville and exit at Rt. 8 and go north. They seem to have everything new from the dealers. Good luck, Ron.

Here's a shot of Ron's car at my meet last year:

Last edited by barnlark; 05-29-2010, 04:42 AM.

Comment

What a beautiful paint color, is it a Studebaker color for 1951? If so what is it called?
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I didn't think they had metallic paint back then, at least not for Studes.
        Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
        What a beautiful paint color, is it a Studebaker color for 1951? If so what is it called?
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Boy, is that car gorgeous! Brings back memories of the '51 Commander State convertible I had when I was in college during the '50s. I wish I had that car now.
          Go for the radials. You won't be sorry. I have them on my '59 Lark and they make a world of difference in the ride and handling. It only hurts for a little while.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It looks like Toreador red that is on my F 350, but mine isn't quite that shiny. Beautiful!!! John

Comment

Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
              Thanks,
              That is a Ford truck Strawberry was painted in 1992 ,I very seldom wax it but sure looks good in this picture, that is what a good camera can do.

Comment

It is funny you say that, The very first Studebaker national meet I went to in Nashviile in 1992 there was guy there with a 1949 car that was metalic. I ask him if it was orginal and said yes is was. What it was called was Varisty Blue matalic. Suprised the heck out of me,He was from somewhere in PA. , never seen that again and I have been able to attend a lot of national meets,
                Thank Alex, Ron

Comment

Working...
                X