4-5-6 Lark Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-5-6 Lark Rust Repair

I removed the drivers rear fender yesterday & found much more rust than I was expecting (the pass side only has one small hole at the bottom).

Are the inner wheel well panels available? If not, anyone have a body shell they'd be willing to cut the lower "C" pillar section out of & sell? it will be a lot easier to weld in a better section than to try & rebuild the one I have.

What are rear fenders (for a 4 door) going for these days? This one has some rust out at the back, just below the tail lite area.
    thanks,
    Mike Sal

I ended up getting a whole trunk section from Bob Peterson from California, he's on the board as candbstudebakers.
    It was pretty reasonable because he happened to be passing by.
    The trunk floor and sides are shot on my 64 Daytona hardtop so I hope to splice it in.
    I think Studebaker did have replacement inner rear fenders but they are scarce as hens teeth. I think I saw one at SASCO when they were closing but it was mangled.
    I think Stude International in South Bend should have NOS 4dr rear fenders yet.

John V.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 05-29-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I've got the same problem. Ended up rebuilding the trunk sidewalls and the C pillars piece by piece. I'll attempt to post a picture shortly

Not easy work!

T-cab

Comment

that's what i was afraid of. Maybe I need to call some of the guys out west who seem to have big graveyards. Maybe one of them wouldhave a body shell that could yeild a useable C pillar. It takes so long to fab theparts from scratch.

The '63 panel is the same too, isn't it?

Mike Sal

Comment

Working...
        X