Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to put the radiator

Hello,

I have a 57 president 4 sedan with a chevy 350 5.7. I took the radiator out to get it fix. Now I will put it back but before i took it out i forget to check the proper position. The radiator inserts into the bracket but am not sure if the radiator top to bottom rail where the holes for the screws are go infront of the radiator support or behind. I putted in infront and now the radiator is very very close to the engine clutch fan, but i tried to put the radiator completely inside the support and it wont fit. Which way is it? Did i confuse you guys?
    1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Originally posted by Yanqui84@gmail.com View Post
    Hello,

I have a 57 president 4 sedan with a chevy 350 5.7. I took the radiator out to get it fix. Now I will put it back but before i took it out i forget to check the proper position. The radiator inserts into the bracket but am not sure if the radiator top to bottom rail where the holes for the screws are go infront of the radiator support or behind. I putted in infront and now the radiator is very very close to the engine clutch fan, but i tried to put the radiator completely inside the support and it wont fit. Which way is it? Did i confuse you guys?
    I believe that it goes completely behind the rad support and the six bolts screw in towards the front of the car. If you have a long water pump that may not work and you may have to mount it in front of the support and trim the little pan in front of the rad, or swap to a 60's style short WP/pulley/accessory bracket setup.

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

The thing is that my radiator on the rear screw hole rails about half way down the radiator it has like an angle and thats whats making it not fit the bracket it looks something like the picture. Sorry for my non artistic autocad creation
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Yanqui84@gmail.com; 05-26-2010, 04:42 AM.
      1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Comment

Working...
      X