Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll on Polls

wanted to try this out.

If you were to see a forum poll would you participate?
    Yes
    81.40%
    No
    2.33%
    Yes, but not this particular poll.
    13.95%
    No, waist of time.
    2.33%

The poll is expired.

61 Lark

sigpic

I haven't enabled polls yet. Will do so after we've sorted through the other more important issues we're dealing with...namely making sure everyone gets their password issue straightened out.
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Good call Bob.

I saw the feature several day's ago and have been itching to try it out..

Thanks again for all the work your doing.
      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 05-25-2010, 07:16 AM. Reason: tried to remove signature picture, I'll catch it next time.
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I voted no. Is there an irony smilie?
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Member generated or Administrator generated?
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Bob, sorry you are having problems with peoples passwords. It seemed like a fairly easy changeover(from the outside).

Comment

There is nothing better than exercising our rights of freedom, whether it be the U.S.A., Canada, Australia, or any other republic! I love voting and will be in our next election, you can count on that!

God bless the U.S.A, all of our veterans and forefathers who made this a reality!
              Last edited by Nelsen Motorsports; 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

Does anyone else get the humor and irony of anyone answering the "Yes, but not this particular poll" question? Don't they realize that they just did.

Comment

hmmm, how come the icon won't go in the text? HUH????

Comment

Hmm...I guess polls ARE enabled. Who knew? Personally, I identify with the "Waist of time" choice as it correctly summarizes the time I spend at my computer and my expanding waistline!
                    sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota
                    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                      Does anyone else get the humor and irony of anyone answering the "Yes, but not this particular poll" question? Don't they realize that they just did.
                      But did you miss my post?
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Did someone say "irony?" Is that another form of 'rust?'
                        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

There could be some useful information if a poll was set up right.

I'm sure "decimal dude", the resident statistition, could garner meaningful info.

One that comes to mind is the average age of the forum/club members.
                          Make a poll, with age break downs, and no one has to admit how old they are in a post, and others wouldn't have to guess how old dirt really is.
                          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I like the availability of the poll function but, PLEASE, before posting a poll think it through. Will it really be pertinent and will the results be of interest to a broad spectrum of members?
                            This Forum is invaluable to those who own and maintain Studebakers, those who contemplate ownership and those who have established long-term friendships introduced by our favorite marque. It is invaluable as an extension of, and introduction to, the Studebaker Drivers Club.
                            Let us not put off potential interested parties by posting frivolously or over-inflating our own self-importance.

My two cents.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Chip, I did see your post!! But, I gotta admit, voting 'no' to something is direct. So, to me, that is a good answer. Ironic or not.

'Yes, but not to this' seems pretty wussie and wishy-washy to me. I just think it is funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X