Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody was asking me for an OHV Lark six head, to go to Glendale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody was asking me for an OHV Lark six head, to go to Glendale?

I went through my e-mails back to December, and didn't find it, but I know someone contacted me via this forum.

I was rendering a '63 Lark VI sedan today, and the head seems to be OK. It was a running engine, although it had massive blow-by.

This thing also had a chrome valve cover. Anyone want a chrome valve cover for an OHV six? I think the blowby has mostly kept it from rusting.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Gee, I have never seen a chrome valve cover for an OHV six. A chrome valve cover would look nice with the twin AS manifold I am building for one of my sixes. What do you want for the valve cover? Hmm, does it have an AS or RBS carburetor? Lately I seem to be collecting extra Ohv sixes that were destine for the scrapper, well somebody has to do it

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Comment

Jeff T., if your complainin' about saving OHV's, I'll take some! LOL! I love those engines!
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

The chrome valve cover came standard on all JTS engine.

Just for clarity, that's Jet Thrust Six.

Comment

Jeff, it's yours for $25.00
          I just came in from washing parts, and it cleaned up real nice. No rust I could see. Are you coming to Glendale, or could somebody fetch it for you?

The carb on this engine was some latter-day Carter, about twice the CFM of the stock carb, judging by the bore size. I may hang on to that; it's relatively new, and has Torx screws in it. (haaaak, ptui)
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Gord,

Let me see if a Husker chapter member can get it back to Nebraska for me. The price is right but unfortunately I will not be in Glendale. Just have to get you 25.00... consider it sold, it will get to nebraska one way or the other

Jeff T.
            Last edited by Jeff T.; 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM.
            The Replacements.

Comment

Gord, I sent you a PM. Email me back if you didn't get it through you new email addy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T. View Post
                Gord,

Let me see if a Husker chapter member can get it back to Nebraska for me. The price is right but unfortunately I will not be in Glendale. Just have to get you 25.00... consider it sold, it will get to nebraska one way or the other

Jeff T.
                Jeff in case you have not found any one to get the valvecover back to Nebraska I can bring that back for you if you want. John Caskey and I are leaving in the morning for Glendale. I'll just pay for it and you can pay me back. I'll send you a pm.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

related query from a noob... what is the difference between a regular six (say, like in my 62 two door which will arrive tomorrow) and a JTS six?? even with blowby, is it an engine worth rebuilding?

Comment

The "Jet Thrust Six" is a joke, LOL! It got me the first time too. Matthew Burnett (Mbstude) writes a article in Turning Wheels called "Tailgating with Matthew", and he wrote a great read about a fictional JTS.

As for rebuilding, it's if you like them. I personally think they are great engines, and wouldn't hesitate to rebuild one, as long as my finances allow.
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

LOL OK well it shows that I AM a noob to the Stude ways hahahaha
                      I know they are a pricey rebuild (six or eight) but would like to keep both cars (sorta) original. Toying with doing an auto swap into the six car, as I have a donor 62 six four door sedan with a slushbox, it would be nice for the wife. As for the eight car, well that would be more fun with a T5, but am thinking it would be a lot of work to go STD from auto (what I read about crank bolts etc). I have a lot of years with old cars, but am really loving it all again with the Larks.

Comment

Thanks Frank,

I was going to email you about picking the valve cover up from Gord at Glendale but my old pc ate my email file Please get a hold of me when you get back home

To all of the OHV six fans...

As far as the Jet thrust six, if it would not break the bank, I would like to make up some badges similar to the R1-4s that say R 1/2 for those of us modifing an OHV six. I'm spending part of this holiday weekend building a throttle linkage for my AS twin carburetor manifold for a OHV six.

Jeff T.
                        Last edited by Jeff T.; 05-29-2010, 06:59 AM.
                        The Replacements.

Comment

Jeff T, I'd be interested in one of those!
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Jeff. I have your valve cover with me and will be coming through Lincoln sometime later this week. We have not made up our mind as to when we will be leaving Phoenix. If I come through Lincoln at a civilized hour I'll call you to meet me at an I-80 exit. If it is a late hour then you will have to come to Omaha and pick it up. Get together with Gordon as to what you owe him as I did not pay for it. Gordon said he trusted you for it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Steven and Michelle View Post
                            LOL OK well it shows that I AM a noob to the Stude ways hahahaha
                            I know they are a pricey rebuild (six or eight) but would like to keep both cars (sorta) original. Toying with doing an auto swap into the six car, as I have a donor 62 six four door sedan with a slushbox, it would be nice for the wife. As for the eight car, well that would be more fun with a T5, but am thinking it would be a lot of work to go STD from auto (what I read about crank bolts etc). I have a lot of years with old cars, but am really loving it all again with the Larks.
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                            X