PDA

View Full Version : How do I bench test a radio?

kurtruk
03-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Recently acquired a ('63?) radio. Before selling it, I would like to be able to say whether it works or not.

It has a green wire coming out of the left side and two blade-type connectors on the back.

KURTRUK
(read it backwards;))

StudeRich
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
You need the proper mating connector to fit the receptacle in back for the speaker wires, the correct 10 OHM speaker, a 12V Batt. and an antenna, it and the radio case should be grounded to the Neg. "-" Batt. terminal. The green/white wire should be fused, and is the power lead. It may be easier to test it in a car!

I think we have a post here that gives a link to a list of Studebaker/Delco all transister radio Studebaker Accessory (AC)part numbers which are on the label on the back of the case. Then you can identify the model and year. If it's a late model with the thin (1/4") push buttons. I would have to see the face to tell the year, if it's a manual tuning model.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

StudeRich
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
You need the proper mating connector to fit the receptacle in back for the speaker wires, the correct 10 OHM speaker, a 12V Batt. and an antenna, it and the radio case should be grounded to the Neg. "-" Batt. terminal. The green/white wire should be fused, and is the power lead. It may be easier to test it in a car!

I think we have a post here that gives a link to a list of Studebaker/Delco all transister radio Studebaker Accessory (AC)part numbers which are on the label on the back of the case. Then you can identify the model and year. If it's a late model with the thin (1/4") push buttons. I would have to see the face to tell the year, if it's a manual tuning model.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA